Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever managed to take off their sunroof cover to rewrap it in vinyl? When I took off my headliner, the current color of the sunroof cover threw my whole interior completely off.

·
12,918 Posts
It's kind of a bitch to wrap.. like if you try to go all around then it's gonna be hard as hell to close and open. The motor forces a lot to open it. But if you just cut at the edge then it might look like crap and have a detendency of peeling off because of the sliding.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I noticed this as well when I went to take another try at it. I guess you can always just spray it. My sunroof is always closed anyways because I think its stupid of it to be only able to slide back and forth. If only it could tilt upwards like my Jetta.

·
12,918 Posts
haha yeah but u cant drive with your head outside :lol:

I guess you would have to take off the original plastic vinyl crap that's already on there.. then maybe it'll add some clearance.
Right now I have it wrapped in this type of flexible black fabric.. but it kept getting unglued so I just cut it at the border and added a strip of aluminum on the sides..

The only problem is that one of the screws reaches out back too far and is scratching up the plastic piece on the other side pretty bad.. just saw it this week n its been like this for a year.. haha. I've been wanting to redo it all in black vinyl anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts