Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone ever noticed before when it's really nice and sunny out that our hoods reflect the sun like crazy while no other cars do?
I'm not sure if it's just during or around that time.. but I do know that I can light up street signs and red lights from freaking 1000feet with a huge horizontal beam of light. It's pretty fun and im sure it blinds oncoming cars.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Never noticed this before... Of course, my hood flat, splotchy, oxidized red, so I guess I wouldn't :(

·
12,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It still should.. mine is like primer red. I'm not even sure if its the hood but i guess it was the front.. or the windshield.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yea without the sunlight,you wont be able to see the olive green on my lude......
im confused,couldn be bothered making a new thread,but i got a 87 prelude Si but its a gen3.didn the 3rd gen only come out in early 88?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hmmm maybe. But mine's not running right now, so I don't have a chance to try it out :(

Acutally, now that I think about it, I have noticed freeway signs and stuff lighting up like crazy when I'm coming up under them. But my Audi does that, too. Maybe their windshields are raked at similar angles. My blazer never did it.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
DOHC_ta_LUDA said:
yea without the sunlight,you wont be able to see the olive green on my lude......
im confused,couldn be bothered making a new thread,but i got a 87 prelude Si but its a gen3.didn the 3rd gen only come out in early 88?
in north america they came out in 88.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
i've noticed this as well. not sure if its the hood or the windshield, but both are farely flat and at about the right angle to do this depending on where the sun is and time of day.

i can easily see the hood doing it as its so damned flat and huge lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
DOHC_ta_LUDA said:
ive had 2 jdm 87 si ludes so they must of started end of 87 or something, i have a jdm 88 now and there is no difference between them, duno if that answers your question lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
dave0000 said:
ive had 2 jdm 87 si ludes so they must of started end of 87 or something, i have a jdm 88 now and there is no difference between them, duno if that answers your question lol.
Anything made in the late months of 87 (aug and later I think) is classified as an 88....making it 3rd gen.

I think it's something like that.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The 3g started in 87 for japan, 88 for north america. I think it's the same for europe. Au/NZ I think are part of the JDM release cycle.

This of course means that JDM 87-88 is USDM 88-89 and JDM 89-90 is USDM 90-91. And a JDM 91 is a 4g usually.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Blargh just trying to clear up the offtopic question on page one. :p

·
Registered
711 Posts
team123luder said:
sigh I feel left out.... my cf hood only looks cool and aids with weight loss :sad:

i'll trade ya hoods then :turn: ...lol

·
Registered
711 Posts
if u really wanted to do it...i would paint it, buff it, and make sure there wasnt a single imperfection in the paint

1 - 19 of 19 Posts