·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a chance to pick up some BBS STI wheels for a decent price, specs are;

17x8
+53 offset
5x114.3

I was thinkin I may need a 5 mm spacer cus it might rub on the inside, what do you guys think? Also, I did up a photoshop of the wheels on my car (I also painted the base side skirts in the photoshop). I think it looks pretty good, looking for some opinions...Should I go for them? The photoshop is not exact to spec I just eyeballed it so the size is probily a little off.

EDIT: JUST FOUND OUT STI HAS SMALLER HUB BORE THEN PRELUDES, SO LOOKS LIKE A NO GO. O well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I could always get the bore machined out to match on the lude.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
that sounds like you're tampering with the wheels which is arguably the most important part of the car/your safety...
i say go for it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that sounds like you're tampering with the wheels which is arguably the most important part of the car/your safety...
i say go for it.
Agreed. It looks really good but sounds liek too much work to make it work properly. Damnit.

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
damn. nice.

im currently shopping for an 05+ sti. ill probably make the purchase before summer. ive just been crusin iwsti.com lately trying to take as much in possible. you on any of the forums mario?

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
nasioc....
clubwrx.net

They're the 2 best ones.

Before the economic crisis, the BBS's would go for 1200 bucks. Now, I wouldn't pay more then 8-900 dollars for them. And don't anyone swindle you into doing so.

I want an 09 STi, so maybe I'll sell my WRX but not sure yet. I have an 03 wagon, which I love. If I were you, I'd get an 06-08 They're transmissions are a lot stronger then the 04-05. Though they are drive by wire and thus you're limited to tuning. COBB has it covered for now, not something I'd put a huge build on but for simple bolt ons, COBB protuned is very good.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
nasioc....
clubwrx.net

They're the 2 best ones.

Before the economic crisis, the BBS's would go for 1200 bucks. Now, I wouldn't pay more then 8-900 dollars for them. And don't anyone swindle you into doing so.

I want an 09 STi, so maybe I'll sell my WRX but not sure yet. I have an 03 wagon, which I love. If I were you, I'd get an 06-08 They're transmissions are a lot stronger then the 04-05. Though they are drive by wire and thus you're limited to tuning. COBB has it covered for now, not something I'd put a huge build on but for simple bolt ons, COBB protuned is very good.
that's for damn sure. my brother had an 02 wrx and his tranny blew just after a few months. granted he did push it a bit but he's a good driver. i hear the trannies on the legacy's and etc are better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts