Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a ViS carbon fiber oem hood from this powerseller on ebay like 2 months ago_On Mar 28, he said the package got damaged during shipping and that he sent out another order to me. Then i called him back today and he said ViS was out of stock of this Hood for 3 months now...

should i just get a refund or wait? i paid 450. i was thinkin to pay 50 bucks more and get a seibon hood... what should i do?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would just get my money back. If you still want a VIS hood, instead of the seibon hood, just call VIS to check out the seller's story. If VIS says they have them in stock then order directly from them. If they have the hood instock you usually will recieve it within 7-10 business days. Seibon is also a good hood for the money. Just my 2 cents though.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Go with Seibon... however, just so you know, it is probably correct that VIS is trying to fill orders on the OEM-style hood for 1997-2001 Preludes. Seibon is currently having this same problem, which is why I am currently waiting on my hood to come in as well. But, for the record, I hate VIS and their customer service... I'd go with Seibon. I've had nothing but problems with every VIS product that I have ever owned.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,155 Posts
get your money back and spend the extra $50

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
irolllow said:
Go with Seibon... however, just so you know, it is probably correct that VIS is trying to fill orders on the OEM-style hood for 1997-2001 Preludes. Seibon is currently having this same problem, which is why I am currently waiting on my hood to come in as well. But, for the record, I hate VIS and their customer service... I'd go with Seibon. I've had nothing but problems with every VIS product that I have ever owned.
I want/ am waiting for a seibon also. there is another company I was looking at too (someone posted it awhile back) can't think of the name right now. It was more $ though.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
redludesh00 said:
stop buying on ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay sorry but you're way more likely to run into this shit when buying from a regular dealer on the internet. See, the good thing about buying from eBay is the sellers are supposed to be able to get what they list, whether they actually have it in stock or they're having it shipped by the supplier. When I was looking for a Type-S valve cover I searched on the internet because there weren't any listed on eBay. I called 15-20 dealers that had it listed on their site as "in stock" and none of them had it. None of them even knew when they were getting more but if I would've just ordered and paid for it from their site without calling first I probably would've waited for 2 weeks for it to arrive and then called and found out it's on backorder. Eventually I contacted ShopResponse on eBay and they got a hold of one for me. On eBay sellers have to worry about their reputation so they give better service in my experience. They also ship out a lot faster than regular dealers do because they don't want any negative feedback. Also, you're rarely going to find something cheaper than eBay anywhere sles on the net because all of the sellers have to compete with each other. As long as you buy new, know exactly what you're looking for and go with a reputable seller with a good feedback rating you'll be fine buying on eBay.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Davizzo said:
I purchased a ViS carbon fiber oem hood from this powerseller on ebay like 2 months ago_On Mar 28, he said the package got damaged during shipping and that he sent out another order to me. Then i called him back today and he said ViS was out of stock of this Hood for 3 months now...

should i just get a refund or wait? i paid 450. i was thinkin to pay 50 bucks more and get a seibon hood... what should i do?
i say fuck that shit! (the seller)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when do u think seibon will have the hoods in? damnit i need a hood cause i wanna go to the nation prelude meet...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
actually i called...and the paypal recieved the money in 10 secs... so i guess i should wait for a seibon... but i think its 2 months..lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.