Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tax Season Maniac
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my car studders whenever I press on the accelerator. First it studders then "jumps up" (sometimes I get the studdering followed by a big jerk before resume normal acceleration) . I'm thinking it is fuel/air related.

I'm thinking of replacing the fuel filter first then tackle on to other fuel related parts. I also plan on cleaning out my IM for any possible carbon build-up. Am I on the right track?

-D

·
Registered
272 Posts
sounds like textbook clogged EGR hesitation to me with the information given. i would just clean the valve, ports, and change fuel filter just because..

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
you're on the right track, you should clean out the throttle body and air filter while you're at it, it also sounds like you need a tune up. Whens the last time your spark plugs and distributor cap where changed?

·
Registered
488 Posts
i would check your ignition and starter stuff first so you dont have to spend any money. clean the crap of your throttle cable too. make sure to grease a little bit. that helped me.

·
Tax Season Maniac
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you're on the right track, you should clean out the throttle body and air filter while you're at it, it also sounds like you need a tune up. Whens the last time your spark plugs and distributor cap where changed?

I may use Sea Foam to clean out my IM.

Last tune-up was done in April '08.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I may use Sea Foam to clean out my IM.

Last tune-up was done in April '08.
Then my vote is EGR. Take off the egr valve and look inside. If its caked with carbon then you have a diagnosis.

Just say no to sea-foam.

·
Tax Season Maniac
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, there was a crack on the distributor cap. There was a lot of moisture inside and the rotor was done. Replaced both parts...no more hesitation.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Actually, there was a crack on the distributor cap. There was a lot of moisture inside and the rotor was done. Replaced both parts...no more hesitation.
huh thats interesting, glad you fixed it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
H22 Accord with same problem

hi i have the same studdering problem with my h22 i think it may be my egr valve what should i clean it with

1 - 11 of 11 Posts