Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(91' factory radio) I managed to get my cassette adapter to head phone jack stuck. It will not eject. I've already tried to pull the cord to aid in ejection (it sheared off). Has anyone dealt with this problem before? The last thing I want to do is ruin my factory deck as it was working perfectly. Any and all insight helps.

·
Registered
718 Posts
That happens to the NSX c/d tray in the trunk. If you get a butter knife and carefully slot it into the deck and you can feel the tab that sticks up to lock the cassette in and it should unlock it when you push the tab flat. Be careful not to gorilla it in and bend something and it might work.
Cheers
nigel

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
You can try the butter knife trick, but you need to know where that tab is located. Even if it works, the chances are pretty high that the next cassette or adapter would get stuck again the next time it's inserted. I'd probably remove the deck and take the covers off to figure out why the adapter isn't ejecting. Then see what is needed to fix it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I ended up cutting the cord to the tape. It seemed to have played a roll in binding it inside. After doing so, I tried cycling the radio on and off/eject button and nothing happened. I left it overnight to deal with it another day and sure enough, next morning while driving it, I noticed it ejected it on its own. Will not be using the tape deck as an audio adapter moving forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts