Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about purchasing the JDM strut tower bar. I have the holes where they are supposed to mount but no screws are there. Is there anyway for me to get some bolts on those mounts or am I SOL?

·
Registered
33 Posts
i just got a polished neuspeed one, should come in by wed with my new lean SS. cannot wait!

unless u have the 2 studs sticking out the jdm one will be useless, u can get the part which gives u the mounting bolt things but its prob gonna cost as much as the strut brace itself. not worth it imo

·
Registered
50 Posts
CUL8R said:
i just got a polished neuspeed one, should come in by wed with my new lean SS. cannot wait!

unless u have the 2 studs sticking out the jdm one will be useless, u can get the part which gives u the mounting bolt things but its prob gonna cost as much as the strut brace itself. not worth it imo
just put my bar on 2 wks ago and i love it. where'd you get the lean ss from? thought they were on break?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I got a set of 3 bars off of eGay for $35 bucks, lol. The strut tower bar fit fine under the hood, so did the one in the trunk. The lower tie bar didn't fit at all. Oh well, 2 outta 3 ain't bad!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
laez said:
I was thinking about purchasing the JDM strut tower bar. I have the holes where they are supposed to mount but no screws are there. Is there anyway for me to get some bolts on those mounts or am I SOL?
I don't think you can add bolts there, if you did the bolt heads would have to be flush so the strut mount would fit properly. In this case you'd have to countersink the holes from underneath, too much work. Look into pillow ball mounts, some are made with the extra studs for the JDM bar, my .02

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
get a jdm suspension then.

if I had the jdm strut bar I guess I wouldnt have spent like 30 minutes trying to get the stupid bolts out of my teins.

seriously, 4 foot breaker bar and 3 guys to get the fuckers out, why'd they make em so tight?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I installed the front upper, rear upper and rear lower strut braces made by DC sports and I love them. Great fit and they seem to tighten the car up pretty well. I do not know what price range you are looking at but they are a great buy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
four o two... i think i got the same stuff you did off of ebay! same crap... front and rear upper went on fine, but the lower rear doesn't fit. queers made the bolt holes too small. but yeah, can't go wrong w/ $35 for the two that fit! may end up just buying a dc sports bar for the lower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts