Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my cheap lugs failed me. The key is stripped and I have 1 stripped lug. (short version of long story - some dumbass helping in shop didnt know what he was doing) What is the best way to get these lugs off? I can't get any socket on them. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
You need to pound a smaller socket onto it and then put an impact gun on it. Just keep pounding on smaller and smaller sockets with a hammer until one of them is tight enough to where it will pull it off. For example, if you start with an 18mm and that just strips off go down to a 17mm. Eventually you'll get it off. I've done it before.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info bdogg I'll try that. First picture is shitty I apolgize but it's hard to get a picture of these things. Second picture is my wrench. It's screwed also.

·
no mo mod
13,004 Posts
any tire place should have a stripped lug nut remover socket...you hammer it on and it'll turn the nuts off...do that to all the lugs and get a new set.

·
Registered
852 Posts
go to discount tire they sell those lug nuts n socket, or go to pep boys n get the emergency lug nut remover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts