Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local parts store to get plugs, airfilter, and new cap and rotor this morning. when i got home and removed the dist cap i noticed that the rotor screw has been stripped to nothing by the SOB that sold me the car.:x i was thinking about drilling out the screw but i dont want to mess anything up.

does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
See if you can get another dissy at the junkyard or find one on here for sale or see if you can re-tapp to a little bit larger screw.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Can you get a small set of vise grips on it? I know its a tight area and would be a weird angle but its worth a shot if you don't have anything to cut a slot in the screw with

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Either what Mustardcat or what luzer said.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
i've broken the rotor apart around the screw, that works as well

This is what I was thinking. You could take the distributor off to make it easier but once the plastic rotor is gone should have no problem with vice grips.

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
That rotor isn't all plastic. Under the plastic is a brass sleeve that fits on the distributor shaft. The last time I replaced the rotor, it was seized to the shaft so even though the screw came out ok, I had to dremel through the plastic and the brass sleeve and expand it to remove it.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
I was thinking the same Dano. Only I hadn't got a dremel around at the time so mine still needs doing . Ooops!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinking the same Dano. Only I hadn't got a dremel around at the time so mine still needs doing . Ooops!
i used a dremel to reslot my screw. it would also work good for cutting the whole damn thing off too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts