Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got a 93 Vtec awhile ago from an old friend from school for only $500 so now I have a new project car and other car will stay where its at and just the DD. This car has a small knock/click and we're thinking its only a valve but we should know for sure when its pulled apart.

So as of right now I plan on doing kind of a restore to this car to give me something to do while I save money for build and other parts for the car... and seeing as how this car has been sitting in a driveway for 2+ years and is filthy. Plan to tear it all down and clean it out and replace any broken or bad condition things. I've honestly been bored enough to where I've pulled apart the vents and cleaned them all out while watching a movie or tv lol.

I'm just gonna list out parts that I need and parts that I wanna get for the car then just update with things that I've actually done as I go. As of right now I'm still waiting to get the motor pulled out... didn't buy hoist and sister's boyfriend said dad has one and one my friends is also telling me to lower it and lift chasis... Just waiting to find the time and get some help from a friend to do it...

Plan on cleaning the bay, getting painted and doing as much as a tuck as I can do also.

Bigger Basic Things Needed

*Have Junkyard* Driver Side Fender
Front Bumper
Driver Door (using on my DD right now)
Passenger Door (fixable dent?)
Windshield

Suspenion & Brakes

Rims - As of right now, a set of JDM ITR's if and whenever I find and afford them
Tires - Whatevers the best when it comes to that time
Calipers - Don't know which set yet... Vtec, Legend, NSX or a diff aftermarket set (suggestions please)
Rotors (Undecided)
Coilovers or Shocks/Springs (Undecided) Suggestions Needed!
Replacing Full Brake Lines

Engine N/A Build

Update when I do more research for the actual motor build and fully decide on it. Still learning.

Full Wire Tuck with Braided Sleeving
ABS, A/C, Cruise Control, Power Steering, Removal
Battery Relocation
Fuse Box Relocation
Half Radiator

Exterior

Amber Turns (last I thought was missing a piece, but think I may have gotten it awhile back, have to check lol)
JDM Black One Piece Headlights
Projectors (Undecided)
Fender Lights
Ambers on Rear Bumper (Undecided)
Rear Fogs (Debating still but if do then want both sides)
For a Lip Kit
Front - Accord Type R or Spoon or Kaminari
(to many lol, will depend on money and finding it at the time i'm sure)
Rear - Value Sport bought or Kaminari
Sides - Mugen Replicas or Kaminari
Halfmast Antenna
Power Folding Mirrors
5th Gen Sunroof (just glass or full assembly)
Carbon Fiber Hood (Undecided cause fitment issues I've read about)
Carbon Fiber Trunk
Rear Wiper (Debating still and if I even could)
Eyelides (IF I find and IF I have the money to spend at the time... MAYBE)

Interior

JDM Climate Control
94+ Center Console
EL Gauge Cluster
All Buttons - Antenna & Fogs & Mirrors
A working cup holder lol
Center rear sub
Monitor in Dash
(Debating if I want and what else I could put besides normal monitor)
New Carpet
New Interior (Red stitch leather possibly with leather inserts)
Red stitch Leather boots

Alot listed and wanted and I know will take alot of time... More then likely a very slow build and I know this but wanted to make something up just to update and keep track of everything. Ill be updating with little misc. things I'll need to if anyone may have stuff laying around before I find anywhere else.

I'm open to any ideas and thoughts from you guys to. Hope thats everything for right now.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well tax return bought me a nice CyberShot on sale at the Circuit City thats going out of buisness... So got pics FINALLY and good ones. Sorry was delayed and when I said didn't happen... but should be somewhat consistant now.

Interiors all stripped and ready to be cleaned up. I'm debating still on pulling the sound deadener out like Prudz did and replacing with dynamat. And as for the carpet... I need a new one... What are chances of me finding a really good condition carpet? Would there be another method I could do if I keep the plastic pieces? Like was thinking just using a floor carpet that comes close and cutting it and all??? Just an idea but no clue how well itd work and look... What you guys think?

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not for this car but finally got me a Megan Header for the DD to get rid of my exhaust leak.

Now I just have to find the best way to get my stock one off with the bolts stripped and/or broken between the two pieces and all the others.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
FINALLY!!! We dropped the motor out the car last night. Went out bottom and lifted the chassis over. Now the fun begins!!!

For my first I guess you'd say motor swap? or just pulling the motor... I only forgot the hoses to heater core and couple from tranny going to what friend said maybe a cooler? not sure and didn't really look where they were going. Which we got just before dropping. Got everything else disconnected without problem.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would def go with the dynamat all over, including the roof, it will make a drastic difference. Looking forward to more updates!

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Looks like you are having some fun as well lol. If you said there is a possible bent valve just pop the head off (follow the guide and make sure you follow the proper sequence or you can warp the head) and then take it to a machine shop and have them inspect it.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well we jacked it up enough with the jack that i had which was not even close... the first pic think is how high for just jack... then had 3 people lift as another highered the jack stands... at the front jack points had my stands all the way up and only had to lift like a inch or so more to fully get it pulled out from the front... made easier to drop to since the car was lowered.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I started getting everything off the motor...

Kinda looks like its growing hair from sitting for so long...

The exhaust ports...

The intake ports...

Intake manifold ports...

Bout all I have right now... don't want to do much more I guess til I get a stand which hopefully shouldn't be long.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry... But no feedback or anything guys? Finally got the motor stuff started and its very little i know but dang... I've been looking forward to this and have gotten nothing. Guess I need to get the bay work started then to get something here lol.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
LOL , i know exactly how you feel. I have 3 build threads and only the local one in a city near by mine gets replies (beyond.ca). The one on honda-tech hasn't had a single reply in the last 3 big updates, and the thread on this one has been pretty dead as well. View counts are still counting up so i guess people are watching, but i know what you are saying, it is nice to get feedback and have peoples opinions expressed. Don't get discouraged though, people appreciate watching this stuff regardless if they post up or not.

I would have a machine shop jet wash the head, replace the guides (will be needed with bent valves), replace the valve seals, and then you or the shop can install the valvetrain. The exhaust ports look so dirty.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
lol no :(. i'm still trying to get a stand for my motor. money :(. but i need to get out there and do more though. Been wanting to hit up that abs but no clue where to start. Replied to your build yet? lol haven't looked but will now.

i also realized when i went out there today... my garage is a DISASTER... and i really need to get it a little more organized with the motor sitting there and just stuff around it... gotta figure out where to put some of these stock things for now lol.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
looks great man!

looks like you will have fun cleaning shit out of that engine, but take it apart and clean that shit. dremel makes an acceptable kit tht has really tiny wire wheels and sander discs and all that shit. you might even be able to find something to polish off those i and e ports on the head

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
looks great man!

looks like you will have fun cleaning shit out of that engine, but take it apart and clean that shit. dremel makes an acceptable kit tht has really tiny wire wheels and sander discs and all that shit. you might even be able to find something to polish off those i and e ports on the head
thanks. ya def something I was thinking bout investing in.

my friend bought a small compressor awhile ago when he had a feiro and never even really used cause did nothing to the car and isn't a car guy... so now its sitting in my garage while i barrow it so something to help out with things here and there. was at lowes looking at sand paper and hand sanders and was checking the air tools since I had that now and saw grinder so thinking bout that but prob just electric one cause the compressors pretty small.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well got a breaker bar and got the head bolts out and head off.... BUT now i can't get crankshaft pulley off to finish getting that side apart...

so.... I'm seeing what I can do then will hopefully get some pics up tonight.

Got my rims I've been kinda working on to I can post up to...

1 - 20 of 166 Posts