Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I've been driving around alot and I noticed whenever Im accelerating (despite speed) from a dead stop, I hear a subtle click or pop. It sounds like its coming from below, and so far, I've noticed nothing is being affected but its got me wondering, should I be worried?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sounds like the classic Honda sway bar end link. Time for some new links!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Check the motor and tranny mounts. I don't think it's the endlinks because they usually only make noise when hitting bumps.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the motor and tranny mounts. I don't think it's the endlinks because they usually only make noise when hitting bumps.
If it happens to be, can the car be safely driven like that? and is it expensive to fix?

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
if it was a tranny or motor mount, the car would rattle as you start off in gear...

Check the endlinks of the sway bar.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I've had CV axels go, they click numberous times as you turn, turning doesn't change it and it only happens once.

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
When I had a bad front motor mount it would click and pop from a dead stop.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
radius rods i believe common issue.
Yup, front radius rods in cold weather....we get 2 or 3 threads on this every winter.

When the bushings are frozen, they shrink, provide some play and then when you accelerate from a stop they pop as they make contact again...not an issue, only an annoyance and getting new bushings may or may not prevent this when it's really cold out.

- JL

Reactions: Nfchaos2003

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, front radius rods in cold weather....we get 2 or 3 threads on this every winter.

When the bushings are frozen, they shrink, provide some play and then when you accelerate from a stop they pop as they make contact again...not an issue, only an annoyance and getting new bushings may or may not prevent this when it's really cold out.

- JL
Ah, alright, I just didn't need to find I needed something done before an 8 hour trip back to college tomorrow. Thanks peoples.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts