Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought another 3rd gen for the motor (blah blah blah.. b20a3 to b20a5)

Anyways, one thing that caught my eye on this car were the rims. Ive seen them on 3rd gens and older civics before, but never really paid any attention to them.

They say "Fittipaldi" which i had never heard of before. So i did some research and its an old company ran by a race car driver.

But what i really want, is the model of this rim to see how much they are worth. Not much i presume, but still an intrest on my part.. i want to clean them up and paint them and roll them on my car for a while.

any info?

new SI

my S. (Yah i know its a cheesey pic..)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hah, my current ones also feel like they weight more then the car alltogether. I just want a lighter rim. I mean motor first right now, considering i've a blown head gasket and i suck up a full radiator of water every 20min.. but rims will be in the near future. I want to get some rota slipstreams.

but the reason i dig these fittapaldis is because they are simaler to slipstreams, without the centercap.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive i thought about that before. A while back i had a convo with Toxxic and i think i remember him saying even he felt that his 15's didnt look right with the lip kit. If i ran these wheels, the side skirts are definently coming off.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You should put that gm motor in your picture in your car lol
I dont think the wheels look good your black ones do but in the end its all about what you think if you like them use them if not then sell them or use them for spares

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
hey watz up dude....
so u got the white lude already...
i see those rims on alot of cars too and I think they look ugly but only cuz usually everytime i see those rims they're on a beat up car, the rims are dirty, all scratch up and shit.....lol..
nah but those look pretty nice...yea they look alot better without the center cap..you should definetly removed that centercap...
i think u should paint em flat black....they're gonna look sick flat black...
well hit me up on myspace to tell me how that goes.....

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Well I actually think they look like nice wheels. Classic 5 spoke design, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
271 Posts

[/quote]

that lude looks really clean, would love it if my lude had the lip kit, rims, lowered.:colgate:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
"Fittipaldi" is an F1 racer if I can remember correctly. And can that van get any closer to the Lude? What, is someone pushing it down the road? Almost looks like it just got rear-ended

Nice Lude but ugly wheels. Keep the ones on your S model, they look sweet.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Keep the ones you have on the S on there. How much did you get your second lude for? It looks like it is in pretty good shape actually. Maybe you should just swap over your suspension, wheels and lip kit over to the white one.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I bought another 3rd gen for the motor (blah blah blah.. b20a3 to b20a5)

Anyways, one thing that caught my eye on this car were the rims. Ive seen them on 3rd gens and older civics before, but never really paid any attention to them.

They say "Fittipaldi" which i had never heard of before. So i did some research and its an old company ran by a race car driver.

But what i really want, is the model of this rim to see how much they are worth. Not much i presume, but still an intrest on my part.. i want to clean them up and paint them and roll them on my car for a while.

any info?

new SI

I had some Identical to those on my 87Si. Wish I had them back, I like the looks of them. Mine were "Ultra" brand I think. They looked exactly like yours...got them from a Civic this old man didn't want.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hah, you guys read my mind i got some flat black paint for them. i want to clean them really good first though. then remove my skirts and slap them on, at least just for a bit. And thanks many people have asked about my lip kit, they cant tell its off an accord.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts