Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically when it's cold outside 40's even, my springs make a creaking sound over speed bumps or any nice dip. Is this normal for the prelude. They have been doing it since I've had my car at 73,000 and now I'm at 106,000.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
it's not the springs...it's the rubber bushings on the suspension, the front radius rod bushings do this on preludes when it's cold, every winter mine start doing it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it something I should replace or is it really just a noise and that's it?

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
mine does it too, i don't think you could cause any harm by not replacing them, but it wouldn't hurt.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
nyluder22 said:
Is it something I should replace or is it really just a noise and that's it?
you cant really prevent it from happening, its just the cold weather taking effect on the bushings.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First, I didn't want to start another post. So, yesterday I forgot to put the power steering fluid cap back on the reservoir. You know the small red one. Would that cause any problems. What should I put on there until I get another cap?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
nyluder22 said:
First, I didn't want to start another post. So, yesterday I forgot to put the power steering fluid cap back on the reservoir. You know the small red one. Would that cause any problems. What should I put on there until I get another cap?
Well, you could of sucked in dirt or debris into the reservoir depending on how long the cap was off, but I think you'll be ok. Just mold a piece of tin foil into the shape of a cap for now until you get a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts