Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CEL p0301, p1399, p0325... cylinder 1 misfire, known bad knock sensor (tested all wiring and connections - pain in the ass location), rough idle partly due to cylinder misfire

I've been on this forum everyday for 3 weeks gathering info and doing research elsewhere. I have done everything ignition and fuel wise except clean the EGR, IACV, egr ports, and replace the fuel filter. Since these are the last things, I'm going to do all of them at once - I figure most of the stuff will be out the way to replace the fuel filter and knock sensor, and I can clean the egr, iacv, and respective ports properly.

I've done a lot of reading but I haven't come across any real helpful insights about removing and installing the IM such as...

- are there any other things I should replace or clean with all that shit outta there, eg. throttle body, hoses?
- specialty tools that could make installation much easier?
- any parts that typically break or need replacing that don't include gaskets?

It's my DD and it's been in the driveway for 3 weeks and I nEED it back... any help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thins has been covered many times but the bottom bolts on the IM are a pain in the ass to get to, no way around it, not sure if you have a Base or a SH. Base might be easier to do because you don't have ATTS in the way. With the SH you have to go to it from the top.

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
While your at it, you may want to check your vaccum lines. A vaccum leak will throw wierd codes all the time.

Probably about $20 in hoses, so might not be a bad idea to do that while you'll be disconnecting some anyway to remove the IM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ha, dont mean to be an ass but my username is BASE bb6 lol - but yea, I have been under the car quite a few times and even without atts, anything you gotta do in between the firewall and the block is a bitch! especially those of us using puny little jack stands instead of standing under the vehicle via a hydraulic lift.

Any special techniques to get the nuts/bolts loose? kicking and screaming, offset wrenches... any ideas welcome.

knock sensor and oil filter will both be removed.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
My wife threaded the bolts for me going back together but what might help is to take the upper plenum off the intake manifold to get more light back there and have more room for some one on top to hold the 6" extention is best. Have fun with the old gasket if you replace it. Took me 30 min and a whizzer wheel to get it off.

Heres some pics I took to give you an idea. Have fun!

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288156&highlight=intake+removal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice pics. I'll prob take pics as well. I was searching and reading threads on here for weeks and didnt come across that post... thanks a lot man.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
nice pics. I'll prob take pics as well. I was searching and reading threads on here for weeks and didnt come across that post... thanks a lot man.
No problem dude. Rep always welcome!!

·
Prelude Pedo
3,596 Posts
Get a swivie socket. Freakin life saver! You can get the nuts underneath the runners from the top. I've swaped IMs a few times so pm me with any questions. Good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Quote: "I have done everything ignition and fuel wise..."

Could you please list all you have done so far?

I'm working on my game plan for a mil and p0301, p0302, p0303, p0300 and a pending p1399.

Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts