Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some help! I have a 97 prelude with an 93 h22a1 motor with 60,000 km it’s running the 97 h22a4 harness and ecu is stock motor is N/A with custom high flow exhaust and by passes on the injection system to allow more fuel and an air intake system. What do I have to do to the ecu to tune it do I have to go obd1 or can you tune obd2?? Or what’s better for tuning and what is a preferred program that I should use I want to be able to hook my laptop up and tune on the go and what chips would be best for this?
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle

·
Registered
JDM 4th Gen Prelude 2.2 Vtec Turbo
74 Posts
I've no idea what bypassing the injectors is, but it sounds wrong.

Unfortunately there is no way of remapping the stock ecu.

You could look into a standalone ecu's, but it's fairly expensive.

Honestly, the mods you have don't really warrant a remapping.

·
Administrator
6,954 Posts
There are piggyback units such as Greddy Emanage Ultimate and I believe AEM has something. There is no longer support for Greddy, requires an older operating system on your computer as well. I use this to tune my car, which is supercharged.

Depending on your emissions/inspection - going standalone may not allow you to pass. As mentioned, you don't need a tune for an exhaust/intake. Unsure what you've done to the injectors.

·
Registered
Prelude 5th-G BASE / / VW GOLF - MK4
1 Posts
I need some help! I have a 97 prelude with an 93 h22a1 motor with 60,000 km it’s running the 97 h22a4 harness and ecu is stock motor is N/A with custom high flow exhaust and by passes on the injection system to allow more fuel and an air intake system. What do I have to do to the ecu to tune it do I have to go obd1 or can you tune obd2?? Or what’s better for tuning and what is a preferred program that I should use I want to be able to hook my laptop up and tune on the go and what chips would be best for this? View attachment 29921 View attachment 29922
All i got so far is a different ECU that is compatible with the vehicle and HONDATA/INJECTORS/CATBACK/ as well. I got a turbo kit though, but be CAREFUL and do RESEARCH cause my 3-5k budget build has gone to 5-10k cause of my lack of research and knowledge. THESE CARS ARE NOT THE SAME TO TUNE LIKE OTHER HONDA'S ESPECIALLY THE PRELUDE BE CAREFUL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts