Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im jw what you 5th genner with systems have done for the weight. in my trunk i have a peice of carpet attached to some shitty cardboard, that i know wont hold it. so what have you guys done so that you can put you box in there without worring(sp?)

thanks

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
im jw what you 5th genner with systems have done for the weight. in my trunk i have a peice of carpet attached to some shitty cardboard, that i know wont hold it. so what have you guys done so that you can put you box in there without worring(sp?)

thanks
i dont have this problem cause i got a 4g but u could use some wood????

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Steel "L" Bracket screwed down with self tappers to trunk. pics later if you want but I think you should be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i was thinking putting a piece of mdf then putting a hinge kinda right after where the spare is located on the trunk so that i could easily get to it?? what you think

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have a 99 lude with a custom built box that has 1.5" mdf all the way around with a 10 and have had no trouble with it breaking that little wood piece they have in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I have a 99 lude with a custom built box that has 1.5" mdf all the way around with a 10 and have had no trouble with it breaking that little wood piece they have in the trunk.
1.5" sidewall thickness for your box??!! Like two layers of 3/4" mdf?? If so then you are pro style like me! Typicaly you only see that shit in spl vans that may have even poured in some concrete to isolate.

Edit: oh yeah to op instead of using L brackets with self threading tapered screws or lag screws why not go the extra distance and use machine bolts with a washer and nut underneath?? It will require two people to install but it will also take two people to steal it and one will have to go under the car and have a socket set with them!:mad2: Otherwise if there is nothing to catch and hold the washer and nut under the car and no resistance on it then they can turn the bolt all they want and it will just sit there and spin!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts