Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a easy question but my parts lude is not near me so i am just wondering if i need a puller to remove the steering wheel or just take the nut off and pull i need to no so i no what tools to bring thanks guys:smilejap:

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
lol, now hes gonna come back complaining about how he bent his steering wheel pulling it off lmao. it can be just pulled off, but the steering wheel is actually pressed onto the shaft via a tapered shaft and steering wheel hole that is mashed together by the nut.

a steering wheel puller is recommended.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
i dont usually need a puller either lol, but its not like they just slip right off. if they do, then the last person to tighten the nut deffinitely didnt tighten it enough. it requires some force to get off a steering wheel that was torqued down correctly

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
motoxxxman said:
lol, now hes gonna come back complaining about how he bent his steering wheel pulling it off lmao. it can be just pulled off, but the steering wheel is actually pressed onto the shaft via a tapered shaft and steering wheel hole that is mashed together by the nut.

a steering wheel puller is recommended.
Nope motoxxxman.. Hondas (at least OUR Hondas) do NOT employ a tapered pin for the steering wheel. It's a straight cut splined fitting.

You don't need a steering wheel puller.

:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
you sure? lol. cuz ive had a pretty tought time getting my steering wheel off a few times without a puller. never needed a puller, but a few times it took some brute force to get it off lol

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Yep...positive. It can be a bit difficult to pop loose. I just hit the back of the wheel with my forearms and it pops right off. If you look at the manual you will see that they do not mention anything about a puller for removing the steering wheel if fact you will notice that there is really no provision on the wheel to even mount a steering wheel puller.

This is the ONLY car I have ever owned that did not use a serated tapered pin attachment for the steering wheel... and my first car was a 39 Ford 5 window coupe !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts