Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am currently in the search for a boss hub that will fit my '99 Prelude SH. I had read on forums that a hub for s2k's or ek civics would work on 5th gens, but being new to preludes, I didn't know the type SH's steering rack was so different. I do not want to spend the $80-100+ on an NRG or MOMO hub, and was wondering if anybody here had any success with a cheaper hub that would fit through the SRS reel. I do not care about horn functions or deleting the airbag light, just something that will allow me to use my OMP wheel and quick release. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't know about steering wheel hub compatability, but if you do a Honda part number cross-reference and the Prelude Base and SH part numbers are the same, then you can expect inter-operability between the Bas and SH steering wheel hubs/bosses. The difference in the steering rack doesn't matter, just the bits that attach the steering wheel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about steering wheel hub compatability, but if you do a Honda part number cross-reference and the Prelude Base and SH part numbers are the same, then you can expect inter-operability between the Bas and SH steering wheel hubs/bosses. The difference in the steering rack doesn't matter, just the bits that attach the steering wheel.
My bad, by "steering rack" I meant the spline that the hub attaches to. Honda part #'s don't really help here, as Honda doesn't make any boss hub adaptors for their cars. My problem is that the type SH's have a third notch in the turn signal reel, and therefore base model Prelude hubs are incompatible. I also cannot seem to find any hubs that would allow me to keep my SRS clock spring...Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
520 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts