Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys the plan here is that i had my old 98 base model transmission laying around my house just taking up space. So i figured, why not take this apart, fix it, and sell it? It had been having a hard time going into reverse when i took it out so i was looking to fix that and anything else that needed replacing. So since im taking it apart, im doing a transmission rebuild thread, pictures and all(this is also my first writeup). My real question here is is there any advice that you could give me on doing this write up that would make it more useful to the rest of you(annotations in the pictures etc.)? Also if anyone has done this before, any problems that you ran into, or things to watch out for? Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I hope your talking about a 5 speed!

When I do writeups, I like to be as clear as possible. Instead of just saying "remove the housing bolts", Take a picture and say "remove the housing bolts" (circled in red) then a picture of the housing with the bolts that have to be removed circled in red. Just use paint to do it :D

Oh, and im sure you have a helms right?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its a 5 spd base model i got lots of pictures to do the paint thing with its gonna be so easy a baby could do it. and no actual manual im just getting the service specs from the online manual off here im measuring everything so i know what needs to be replaced

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
couldnt find a rebuild kit from honda so im just measuring everything in the transmission and replacing anything thats out of service limits or has noticable wear(found a couple of the reverse gears had some pretty bad wear on them)

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Awesome, can't wait to see this. A ton of pictures and explanations are basically all you need to make an easy write-up. Expect some major rep from me. I've been looking all over for info on a trans rebuild.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
did you notice alot of wear on the bolt in the gear changer?

the allen head bolt that hold the shifter sliding back and forth, you know what i mean right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts