Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car does start as in the whole car and does catch on pretty quickly after i turn the ignition. but my problem is if the car was not on for a while and the engine is cold it seems to not give enough power so the engine seems to have to almost stall out before starting. so what im talking about is i turn the ignition. the car does catch on but almost stalls out before powering itself mechanically. and then goes to the 1500 rpm range to heat up the engine.

could this be a ignition coil problem or just needs a battery change or something. its not that it has any problems but its just annoying and i want to take care of my lude. if any body knows what problem it is please inquire me~!!!!!

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
latigidyblod said:
my car does start as in the whole car and does catch on pretty quickly after i turn the ignition. but my problem is if the car was not on for a while and the engine is cold it seems to not give enough power so the engine seems to have to almost stall out before starting. so what im talking about is i turn the ignition. the car does catch on but almost stalls out before powering itself mechanically. and then goes to the 1500 rpm range to heat up the engine.

could this be a ignition coil problem or just needs a battery change or something. its not that it has any problems but its just annoying and i want to take care of my lude. if any body knows what problem it is please inquire me~!!!!!
how old are the spark plugs/wires? Ever ran injector cleaner before? Changed fuel filter? last tune-up?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i did exactly that in march or february and now that i think about it. it kinda start since then or soon after. you dont think that its not a battery problem or something?

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
latigidyblod said:

I thought they were supposed to idle at 1500rpm when cold to warm up? Anyone know for sure? What does everyone car idle at when cold?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
my problem is not the idling at 1500 rpm but right before it gets to it the engine seems to have a hard time to start and almost stalls out to get to 1500 rpm.

no body has any ideas? could it be starter alternater or battery?

no body has any ideas? could it be starter alternater or battery?

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
Grab a multimeter and start checking stuff out. First check the battery voltage and then alt voltage and amperage. Also check for voltage drop at the starter.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
how much gas do you have?

working from an easiest problem first attitude

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i have a full tank of gas. the problem seems to arise when i start it after letting it sit for a long time such as when i wake up in the morning and start it to go to school.

now my concern is that its a timing issue now because it seems to fight itself for a longer time now before getting up into gear and running normally. and sometimes the engine dies now.

the recent stuff i did was a tune up and a hydraulic tensioner

the problems i have thought over is

fuel injector
alternater
battery
timing belt

weird thing is soon after it fights itself up to normality and i turn the engine off. when i restart it starts like nothing ever happened to it so its confusing me right now.

please help!!!!

nobody has no idea what might be the problem with me lude?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i finally found out what it was after going to 3 different places. apparently i blew all four of my head gaskets so the coolant oil and gasoline was mixing. anyways have to change all of them and resurface my head so now after i didnt that it runs like new

1 - 9 of 9 Posts