Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm a newbie with a problem (surprise surprise) :oops:

Just bought an auto 92 Prelude & while it has some fairly easy to fix problems (I'm a girl & am learning on it) it's basically a good daily driver. However...

It doesn't like reversing. There's no grinding or anything, it just starts shuddering & dies off if you don't kick the revs in & even then I could get out & push it faster than it wants to go - it's almost like trying to drive with the handbrake on (which it's not, thank you very much :razz:)

I've read many a problem with grinding & slipping in manual boxes but as this is my very first auto I'm not sure if that means it's bascially the same problem. (Like I said - learning/first auto) :oops:

In drive it's good, idles very low, occassionally stalls in park but I'm going to play with the idle speed in the next few days so I don't see that being an issue. The only other problem is a weird kind of blank spot between 60-80mph where there is just very very little pickup. Is this an general automatic thing or is it the first sign of tranny death? :sad:

Any before anyone points it out - yes I would have prefered a manual. But I live in LA. I'm not that much of a masochist :|

Any help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
raising the idle speed should fix the problem, try that and see what happens

1 - 2 of 2 Posts