1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
exedy, or clutchmasters...

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
What is your plan for the car and why do you need a stage 3 clutch?

To answer your question though, I'm running a Competition Clutch stage 3 and it is soooooooooo smooth and not bad to drive at all compared to puck clutches. Kinda pricey though

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
What exactly do you need a stage 3 clutch for? :|
Agreed. Unless your motor and whp match the spec for the clutch then its a waste of money. Go to Clutchmasters or Centerforce website for the recommended whp and make your choice. I have a stage 3. Keep in mind everyday driving and clutch shutter........some are smooth like mine and ^^ but one of my techs has one in his Si and it shutters.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
I went for the CC stage 3 because:
1) it's a full disc with segmented kevlar so it doesnt have a harsh engagement
2) kevlar clutches will last basically the entire life of the car, no joke, so it will hopefully be the last clutch I ever buy unless I break it lol
3) It's perfect for a DD yet strong enough to hold a good amount of torque if I ever decide to boost, which isn''t happening anymore unfortunately :(

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
well one depending on your build... if its just a slight boost meaning no build of the engine then you only prob need a stage two clutch... now fully built is different... but id wait till it started coming together to put it in... and if your gonna do it also, go ahead and do your flywheel... better to do it once then two or three times

1 - 11 of 11 Posts