Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if a stage 1 clutch and a LSD motorsport 15 IBS flywheel will be enough for a boosted 3rd gen running 7 psi

im going to do my carb - FI conversion at the end of may and while i have the tranny and the engine seperated i might as well do the clutch and fly as well.

so will it work. and is the stock clutch still all right if i havent got my flywheel and clutch in time?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
7 psi will actually be borderlined for a stock clutch, depending how well your engine puts out. are you talking stage 1 as in act or clutchmasters? not every manufacturer has the same rating... based from the manufacturers descriptions (not necessarily from experience, so don't quote me on this), you'll want a stage 2 or higher, not for the disc, but rather the torque capacity of the pressure plate.

when i was at 7psi with a bad tune (fmu) i had 160 whp 160 tq and the clutch was doing just fine. now if i was to dyno at 7psi with my 450's and current tune, my stock clutch probably would not have lasted long.

right now i'm using an xtd stage 3 ceramic 6-puck and it's holding very well and still very streetable after break-in. my clutch and act flywheel were made for 94 integras, but dremeled the small dowel and it went on perfectly. just a cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
285 Posts
playboyesq said:
exedy stage 2. ok

do they have a website that i can browse around?
google them, im not sure if they have a site. i have the exceddy stage 1 with an 8 pound flywheel and love the combo. next time i need a clutch, ill be getting their stage 2.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
were did you get an 8 ibs flywheel from.. ive only seen 15 ibs ones and lsd makes them.. mind you i havent really been searching too long for a flywheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts