1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
personally i wouldnt buy anything like that from ebay the quality just isnt there and a lot of knockoffs roll throught there...yes they help if you like driving in like auto x and windy roads...for everyday driving they arent very noticable...if you want some though go with name brand stuff like neuspeed and dc sport...i personally just dont trust products that lack the testing

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well, if it bolts onto the chassis, and is stiff, it's going to have some kind of stabilizing effect. It will make your chassis a little more rigid, but.. whether you will notice it when driving or not is questionable.

I'd go for struts and coilovers and.. if you're serious about autocrossing and racing (100%.. and this isn't a daily driver) go for it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the help guys. I'm just going to get some lowering springs and struts.

As far as struts go, would these work fine?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Prelude-92-93-94-95-96-3pcs-Strut-Tie-Bars-Combo_W0QQitemZ8057701254QQcategoryZ33591QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All of my ebay stuff has worked great. As far as lowering springs I'm NOT getting those cheap adjustable coilovers. I just wanna get a 1.5inch drop so I'll fork out the money for good springs.

My car is just so damn bumpy and bouncy I want to fix that it annoys me. A big part of it is probably my bald tires with pretty much hardly any tread but I know part of it is the suspension as well.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
as far as front strut bar goes id say neuspeed just b/c it has no moving parts and is a solid 1 piece....as for others once again lean away from ebay for you performance products stick with th tested and proven name brand product....they cost more now but in the end the cheapos will give out and youll just have to replace them over and over again

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
94preludeguy said:
Alright thanks for the help guys. I'm just going to get some lowering springs and struts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Prelude-92-93-94-95-96-3pcs-Strut-Tie-Bars-Combo_W0QQitemZ8057701254QQcategoryZ33591QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All of my ebay stuff has worked great. As far as lowering springs I'm NOT getting those cheap adjustable coilovers. I just wanna get a 1.5inch drop so I'll fork out the money for good springs.

My car is just so damn bumpy and bouncy I want to fix that it annoys me. A big part of it is probably my bald tires with pretty much hardly any tread but I know part of it is the suspension as well.
no. none of that stuff on ebay bro.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Look for Megan racing. They make great F+R struts at a very good price..

I've heard nothing but good about them.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well, up top there's pretty good stability/rigidity, but if you can get something in the middle/lower that always helps.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Attaus said:
Well, up top there's pretty good stability/rigidity, but if you can get something in the middle/lower that always helps.
In their pictures its placed basically on the floor, which shouldn't have an problems with rigidity since its so near the frame. But I may be wrong. I think in the end this piece is worthless for a street car.

·
Registered
450 Posts
DON'T BUY. sorry, didn't mean to yell. I bought those, and had to do what i consider heavy modding. The front strutbar doesn't fit. The real upper fit fine. The tie bar was a bitch and had to drill em out. Get a real brand to insure proper fitting.

94preludeguy said:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm getting either Tokico or KYB Struts and go from there.

Hopefully it's worth the 200 or so dollars.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Oh yeah, it will be. Go with some shocks too, though (coilovers basically) and you'll really notice a difference.

Both KYB and Tokico are good.. I've seen more people use Tokico.. maybe somone who has used them can testify.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I figured the stock springs would be fine. I don't want to lower my car really, maybe lower it like 1.5 inch.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ok.. but you're sprng rate is going to be a lot lower. The stock suspension is softer than you think. Unless you have anti-sway/roll bars, you won't notice a huge difference in handling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts