Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a set of shifter bushings made last week, they're stainless steel so there is absolutely 0 play from them over the rubber bushings. hopefully this will help some grinding, and general shifter feel, the K guys seem to have alot of improvements with these over the stock stuff. My machinist calculated about .25" of slop with the rubber and about .005" slop with these. We also found a rod end that will work on the interior shifter, i'll be ordering that this week and i'll update when i get it. I'll be testing these on 90-prelude-91's car for 4G fitment, and then check 5th gen fitments on RPWolf's car (he says P/N are the same for 5th adn 4th gen) and maybe Rambothemighty1's car to check 3G B motor fitment.

But this is what i need from everyone. I need to know how many people would be interested in a set, 3 SS bushings and 1 SS rod end. there are similar sets online, but none for prelude fitment, and they're made of brass. Stainless steel is much tougher then brass, not that brass would be bad, but we know these will be tough enough with pretty much a guarantee of never failing.

The price hinges on how many i make, so i need to see how much interest there is in these. BUT, since they are stainless they take about 3 times longer to machine then brass, and the raw is more expensive, but obviously worth it, IMO. also with the other kits there are only 2 bushings, where these are all 4 corners, taking out ALOT of slop. so keep that in mind when comparing prices with similar products.

so PLEASE, anyone who may be interested in a set please speak up

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like the looks of that, what kind of price range will they be in?

·
Registered
786 Posts
metal on metal, wont these wear out the linkage on the top of the tranny?

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
yea what is the price range on these?
may be interested..

·
Registered
786 Posts
can you give us some kind of pricing range??

·
Registered
688 Posts
seems like price is a big thing with people. its not a lot of material so it cant be too too much.

i want a set.

but the price range would be nice :p

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
x2 on the price, and website

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no website, i took them to my guy, we worked it out, and now we may reproduce them

stuff still in the works to figure out price

1 - 12 of 12 Posts