Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm sorry guys, i know they are neons but i love the way they sound when they pass by, what would be the closest thing to sounding like one?

·
Registered
285 Posts
are you serious, you like the way they sound? they sound like theyre about to break when they get on it lol.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Srt4's do not have mufflers from the factory, thats why they sound so badass. The exhaust is tuned to sound good without muffling the sound at the tip of the exhaust.

However, i do not believe if you just cut your muffler off your car will sound cool. Its tuned from the factory.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
they don't come with cats either but for some reason they still pass emissions. wierd shit!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Run big pipes on a straight-through muffler and no cat. You'll get the pops and snarls. Thing is, SRT-4 run a different firing order from Hondas, so you get a fundamental difference in the sound. Hondas are 1234, SRT-4's and a lot of other 4-bangers are something like 1324.

Maybe you could fake it with custom headers, adjusting the length of the runners and where they join into the main flow, but that's a rediculous amount of money to spend on R&D just to sound like a Neon.

Just go for a good Honda sound: the F1-like scream at high rpm's. Most other motors don't have that.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.