Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am trying to decide on the right springs to lower and improve the handling of my 2000 lude, the choices i have heard of are:

H & R Sport Springs
Tein S Tech
Neuspeed Sport
Eibach Pros?
Tanabe

which one of these would be best for handling when paired up with tokico illuminas>?
and also what would the drop be for each one of these on our cars for those of u who have them on ur car?
thanks!

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
H & R Sport Springs - Are great, the drop looks perfect the ride and handling is superb. My #1 choice here.

Tein S Tech - haven't ridden in a car with these but most people like them, and they drop you pretty low (which isn't necessarily a good thing)

Neuspeed Sport - This is what I have now with Illuma shocks as well. The drop looks REALLY good with these springs, slightly less fender gap up front than rear, smooth highway ride but aggressive spring rates when you start biting into the corners, I like them...really can't get much better but I'd prefer a slightly stiffer initial compression rate.

Eibach Pros? I have these on my Toyota and they are the best "sport handling" spring I have ever put on a car...they don't drop much but it's a perfect drop for a car that is going to be driven aggresively!

Tanabe - no experience with these

- JL

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
i am getting the neuspeed sports with the illuminas. i had neuspeed race on my 3rd gen and loved them. neuspeed is very high quality and you really cant go wrong with them.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like the teins are a popular choice, anybody know how much they drop the car, idont want anything more than 1.5" sincee i dont want to mess with the camber
i had my heart set on h&r's but know that i see alot of people liking the tein s tech maybe go with those?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
The S.Techs drop the car 1.5" in the front, and 1.3" in the rear.

I have Eibach Pro-Kits and the drop rate is 1.3" all around.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have S.Techs on my car.I don't like the drop.The front sits higher than the rear.I gave up on springs.My last car('00 Integra LS) had Eibach Sportline springs and it was the same crap.I'm just going to get coilovers instead.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so if i go with the tein s tech, would i need to do anything with camber
and also should i go with tokico illuminas or koni yellows?
thanks for all the comments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts