Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been browsing around on spring rates and coilovers.. blah blah..

and cant really find what im looking for..

heres my question... (example spring rates.)(Front/Rear)

why is it some people run a 450F/350R but then someone might run it the opposite 350F/450R, or 450F/450R..

what are the different effects of each set up..?

Question 2:

Also since ive already got a thread started.. does progress offer adjustable endlinks for the 4th gen rear sway bar? any specific site you may reccommend..?

thank you for any help

·
Memento Mori
7,501 Posts
It's all about handling characteristics. The higher your rear spring rates the more the car will oversteer, and the worse the ride will be. (Higher rear rates are also good for drag, as the car will squat less.)

You can somewhat get around the ride problem by using softer rear springs and a stiffer rear swaybar.

I really wouldn't go with rear springs stiffer than the front unless you know what your doing. Most people don't have the experience do deal with sudden oversteer correctly, which is more and more likely to happen the higher you go in the rear.

90% of stock cars, coilover kits, and lowering springs have softer rear springs for this reason, it will understeer at the limit.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Kodi I'm going with 400F/500R koni/GC. Purpose is for handling and drag. Now about your endlinks I'm not sure. Go look on progress.Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
It's all about handling characteristics. The higher your rear spring rates the more the car will oversteer, and the worse the ride will be. (Higher rear rates are also good for drag, as the car will squat less.)

You can somewhat get around the ride problem by using softer rear springs and a stiffer rear swaybar.

I really wouldn't go with rear springs stiffer than the front unless you know what your doing. Most people don't have the experience do deal with sudden oversteer correctly, which is more and more likely to happen the higher you go in the rear.

90% of stock cars, coilover kits, and lowering springs have softer rear springs for this reason, it will understeer at the limit.
:emthup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts