Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ive been working on building a turbo set up...and now i came across a dry nitrous set up..so i couldnt resist.:satisfied:..and i was wondering if theres a way to tweak the fuel to make it richer so i dont burn up my motor?..thanks guys. =)

oh yea..and my car is an 86 2.0 si...

·
Registered
814 Posts
obd1 conversion with uberdata or something(try different programs and use what you like) everyone seems to think this conversion is hard but it really isn't, but it's a must so that you can tune your system for what you need

:edit: go to pgmfi.org and study study study, also check out 3 geeze a few guys over there have done it

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
if u were to run a wet kit like a zex filter set up im pretty sure it comes with a fuel soleniod to add extra fuel when nitrous is engaged...correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shady your right...it does..but im running a dry shot..and was wondering if therse a way to trick cold engine start to make the fuel richer, or somthing like that...

·
Registered
814 Posts
if you want the engine to just think it's cold, put a variable resistor in the coolant temp circuit(i think it's the coolant temp circuit) and you can trick the computer that way, but the obd1 thing wuold be better with your turbo

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks alot, 82 lude...can i pick this resistor up at like radio shack? or some place like that? and do i hook it up the temp sending unit wire?

oh yea and i figured ide show off my car.. here it is

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
so how does the dry shot work on theses? Is it direct port or...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well kinda? you see that peice of shit hot air intake on my engine pic...well you drill a whole in that put a fitting in it..(nozle)...and then theres a black line that goes back to the solinoid and the other side of the noid is screwed into a fitting...where the nitrous comes out...google a sneaky pete..thats what it is..im running a 50 hp shot...=)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Honda_Quaalude86 said:
thanks alot, 82 lude...can i pick this resistor up at like radio shack? or some place like that? and do i hook it up the temp sending unit wire?
any electronics store. i beleive you hook it up with a switch to bypass the coolant temp sensor wiring,

but first you have to take some measurements,

pop out your coolant temp sensor and throw it in the freezer, wait ten minutes, and pull it out, measure the resistance between the terminals

then put the sensor in the car and warm the car up, when it's at operating temp, measure the resistance again,

this is when you go and buy your variable resistor, get one that has the ability to have a little less resistance all the way to a little more.

hook it up, and you can make your ecu think the car is either really cold or really hot,

then when you find the right setting, measure the resistance of the variable resistor, and buy a regular resistor of approximatley the same value, the it can be wired up to instantly run at that setting.

works for making your car rich/lean but i dunno how well it'll work for this, but for the cost of parts it might be worth it

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
richer leaner

You could boost this up with a FPR as well, FSE does one with a vac input so it increases with the vacuum but also you can adjust to higher too in the first place. But really both these methods won't give you enough fuel maybe some bigger injectors or a 5th one that works in conjunction with the NOS if you don't run enough fuel you'll run way too lean and not before long you'll end up with a melted engine on the inside!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
we got the same rims.... konig reasons

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chea...my fav rims so far out of all the other ones ive had...=)

·
Registered
559 Posts
i have 16"...... do u have 17"s? looks like it. u should slam that shit

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ughh,, these cars need at least a 7" wide rim, no less.

anyways, stop screwing around and run a wet kit before you melt your valves off

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea, myn are 17s.. and there gun metal grey with a polished front...there awsome...and im saving up for a turbo kit...and im probably only gonna use that nitrous kit a couple of times..=)

·
OILCOUNTRYMODERATOR
1,750 Posts
ive got a feeling the nitrous will be like a pingles "once your pop you can't stop" or whatever the hell food that was...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Guys...popin that nawwwwz...its fun.. its like pringles...=)

ps...if thats a 4G intake..thats new news to me...=) i know theres a few mods..i didnt realy know about till i started looking at other Gen Preludes...i have 3G steering wheel too=)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts