Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ive noticed that the sunroof on the si preludes dont go come out like the new preludes sunroof. it goes just into the roof unlike the newer preludes and come up and out. i wonder if theres a way to make it so i can convert my sliding sunroof into a spoiler one so it looks more mean. if u guys had any ideas how i could do this it would help out alot.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Sorry man but that is probly the worste idea I've heard in a while. Those pop out roofs are A- prone to Failure and damaging your roof B-scream civic ricer wagon C-moon roofs are just plain better lol.

But if you insist on doing it. Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry man but that is probly the worste idea I've heard in a while. Those pop out roofs are A- prone to Failure and damaging your roof B-scream civic ricer wagon C-moon roofs are just plain better lol.

But if you insist on doing it. Good luck

how is that the worst idea? i wana do sometin different from every other prelude out there and i wana give it a more sporty look. im goin for stance and i really think that spoiler sunroof would set it off. i just wana know if its possible to convert it into one i dont care about your opinion bro.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Chill out big guy.

Timo is simply pointing out this that will ruin your car.

It's your opinion, and possible, but a lot of money and time to spend on something that will more than likely not work right. The only way to know for sure if it will work is if you go out and spend the money.

And if you don't care about our opinions don't ask.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Your right. My opinion isn't worth shit. You should totally make your sunroof look like every other newer honda, that's unique for sure.

Anything is possible given enough time,money,ambition and skill. The reason those roofs pop out is due to the size of the roof. They newer ludes roof is too small to have the glass go inside. So they made it go outside. You could possibly mod the roof to fit a roof from a civic or crx maybe. But as I said they are prone to failure and damaging the paint on the roof when the tracks start to sag. Not to mention issues lining up the headliner.
I don't have any measurments on other sunroofs form other hondas but if you are or know a good body man and have acces to a good scrap yard I'm sure you could make it happen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry i didnt mean to make it seem so anal lol i just get it everyday people sayin that my car is a piece of shit and i just wanted to make it noticeable thats all. but as far as the sunroof im not trying to ruin anything and i def dont have the money to throw into sometin thats not promising so i guess its a lost cause then thanks guys for insight.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I understand. All i get is shit from people who drive wack ass cars. They just don't appreciate classic nature of cars. It's something you'll have to learn to deal with man. That's all.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Its all good man. We get too many people wanting to gay up their car with some redonkulous thing. I think making your car as clean and smooth as possible is unique enough. Spend your money and effort on body work and making the car look mint. It will get way more attention that way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea true i didnt think about the the gas mileage and how it would affect it. i didnt really think into it all actually it was just idea me and friend thought about because he drives a 92 integra gsr and he wanted to do the same thing to his sunroof. but watever its cool ima just go on to the next hundreds of ideas i have for this baby lol

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
To answer the original question about implementation (not style), to make it pop up in the back you would need to add some hinges in the front and a raising/lowering linkage in back. This would of course render the sliding part inoperable. Or you could maybe try to retrofit a mechanism from another car that both slides back and pops up. My old Maxima did that. It was actually kind of nice too. You could pop it up if you just wanted a bit of fresh air without the noise of opening the windows, or you could retract it all the way for a more open air feeling.

Anyway, to do a good job of it would require some serious custom work. Which means having either mad skillz, or mad money.

C|

1 - 11 of 11 Posts