Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is 24mm the right size spindle nut i need to replace the one thats on my driverside front axle?
i just know i use a 36mm socket on it.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
This time of the year is one of the hardest times to get anything shipped on time. I hope that you get your nut off without killing it or get you are new one from Honda pretty quick.

Good luck my friend

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If that is all that is holding you from poping the tranny out (mentioned in your other thread), just remove the whole spindle. Remove the Upper+ lower ball joint + tie rod end, and strut fork out of the LCA and then take the CV out still attached to the spindle.

then you have 2 options, when you put it back how it is, because the spindle nut is obviously not going to fall out. Or you can take the whole spindle to a shop with a decent impact, and have them remove the nut.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the car is driveable, I would take it to a repair and let them break it loose with a heavy duty impact wrench, tighten it back not so tight.
we already took off everything except the left axle.

If that is all that is holding you from poping the tranny out (mentioned in your other thread), just remove the whole spindle. Remove the Upper+ lower ball joint + tie rod end, and strut fork out of the LCA and then take the CV out still attached to the spindle.

then you have 2 options, when you put it back how it is, because the spindle nut is obviously not going to fall out. Or you can take the whole spindle to a shop with a decent impact, and have them remove the nut.

Good luck.
im probably gonna try that.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
The one good things is, no one can just drive off with it in the condition that it's in :) Man, this pisses me off to no limits. I can not believe that this nut would not come off. I'm begining to wonder if the nut was cross threaded when it was put on with an impact wrench.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I've removed several in junkyards by clamping the rotor to the brake caliper, then using a 2 foot long 1/2 inch breaker bar with a 3 foot cheater. I've never had one fail to break loose.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have an 18" 1/2" breaker bar with a 4 foot bar.
i put it at about a 75 degree angle and pushed up with all my force.
i can squat more than 300 pounds, and since i only way 180, its best for me to push up. lol

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
One other thing you can try is have someone use a hammer to hit the end of the breaker bar where the socket is while you are pushing up on the end with the cheater to loosen it. Does that make sense? It's kind of a poor man's impact wrench. I don't have any way to post a picture right now, but I can later tonight if you don't understand what I mean.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it uses a 36mm socket, but does that mean its a 36mm nut?
cuz on the honda catalogs, it says 24mm.

and have you considered maybe, that i pushing up from the opposite side?
i know which way im suppose to twist it..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have no clue what youre talking about..

imagine someone doing a squat, do you know what that is?
pushing up, instead of jumping up and down on it..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.