Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just finished my engine swap ( this is the first engine swap ive ever done on a prelude) and i got no cel and no leaks besides one :rocketwhore:.... i broke off the tube that i think is a hydraulic assist to my speedometer, is this tube necessary? because i just bypassed it thinking that it get enough lube from the tranny.... i just want to know if i really do need it or not because I can get another speedometer sensor if its really that necessary....

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
youre right i will just replace it, once i get the money. lol that part is expensive, but yeah at least i didnt break something worse. now i know how everything works on this b20a5 i will know what to disconnect next time before the engine is pulled lol... *sigh*

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but it sounds like you broke off one of the tubes on the speed sensor?

You can drive with that tube broken, but you need to remove your power steering belt. That tube is the speed sensitive portion of the power steering. If you don't disconnect the belt, I believe you will just pump fluid everywhere, then damage your pump when it runs dry.

Try going to a junkyard and pulling a sensor from there. That is what I did when mine broke.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
sounds like the power steering hoses that connect to the speed sensor. the power steering works off different pressures based on vehicle speed. with those hoses bypassed it'll operate the power steering at pressures similar to travelling at higher than 100mph speeds.
replace whatever needs to be replaced, unless you've removed the power steering completely

1 - 6 of 6 Posts