Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was drivin today and I had the music turned down pretty low, it wasn't turned up like at all, it was at like a soft quiet level but still listen-able (i like making up words haha)...anyways I changed the song and as the new song started, i heard a pretty quiet little crackle-pop type sound from what appeared to be the driver's side door speaker...it wasnt too loud of a pop but you could definitely hear it...anyways, now it seems like i've lost about 30-50 percent of my bass that i had before. Is there something with the wiring or maybe a fuse or something or did i just flat out blow out the speaker? because i've just lost a good amount of bass, not sound quality....oh BTW the head unit is Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP and the speakers are stock (maybe that could be it too)...and I do listen to music pretty loudly usually

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Type_sh Racer said:
I would pull the cover off and see if you can see a tear in the speakers. Was it just for that one song?
it happened like a few seconds into the song...its like a guitar intro and then the drums and harder guitars kick in and when they did, the quiet crackle-pop type sound came...but the music wasn't turned up at all, it was pretty quiet....i've just lost a lot of bass but not sound quality and its been like that since then...others have told me its a blown speaker but I can't tell if its coming from ALL the speakers or just one thats whats pissing me off...I'll take the cover off like you said though and see...thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you had a blown out speaker it would make the noise all the time. Whether your music is loud or not.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Ive got the perfect solution: Just take $200 and buy you four new speakers! I know thats on the cheap side for 4 speakers but it will sound 100x's better then stock and problem solved.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I probably will end up buying new speakers soon...the thing is though, the stoick speakers did not sound bad AT ALL when they were working fine...and then this crap happened so I dunno...and Prey_Lude99 thats what I was saying, all I got was a bass reduction but everything else still sounds good....it just kinda sucks cuz my money situation is not too good right now and I was very happy with the stock speakers and this HU :sad:

·
Registered
910 Posts
are they stock speakers? if they are its prolly just got a tear in it or sumthin, if u want bass get after market speakers.. pioneer is prolly the best speaker out there i think

·
Registered
40 Posts
here is the thing you are putting 20 w rms to every speaker and your fronts are non amplified, at stock, which means they were gettinging anywhere to 4 to 8 w rms from your stock head unit now you are putting almost triple the power to the spaekers. so yes your speakers are blown. now the backs are amplified, from stock, which is why you get okay bass, for stock speakers, and the can handle that power that your new deck puts out. but my suggestion is get all new speakers like everyone else said they will sound 100x better

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
if you only lost bass maybe your amp for the rear speakers came unplugged or blown. thats where all the bass is coming from, the front has hardly any. if your back speakers aren't playing right then you will be able to hear how shitty your front speakers are without the bass from the back covering it up. i blew my front right speaker and i could hear the snap crakle pop noise but i didn't lose any bass at all...

i would check out that amp, its under the rear deck towards the passenger side speaker.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey while we are on the subject of speakers. Arent our cars supposed to have some sort of noise canceling deal? Im not really sure how it works. Someone here knows what im talking about im sure. If i have an aftermarket stereo hooked up does it effect it at all?

·
Registered
40 Posts
not that i know of the only thing hooked up externally from the stock head unit is the rear speaker amplifier which, like was saide before, is on the underside of the rear decklid on the passanger side. but besides that no i dont think so. but if you have an aftermarket stereo you are better off then any stock noise filter they would have put in

·
Registered
222 Posts
Accoustic Feedback System. It is the way that the speakers are designed. The louder you turn up your music, the speakers will automatically adjust the sound wave to reduce the distortion that is being produced by the speakers. This way you can listen to your music the way you want to, and the speakers will not sound like they are about to explode. To answer your question of if you replace the factory system will it still work, I don't know.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks a lot for the responses guys...I'll check the amp you talked about being on the passenger side rear for the time being...but I start a new job either Wednesday or Thursday so I'll be replacing all 4 pretty soon probably :)

only weird thing is, I shifted the sound on my stock speakers from front left, front right, rear left, rear right, then both front both back, both driver's side, both passenger side so I played the speakers from any combination and honestly it did not sound bad at all, it just sounds like a lot of the bass is gone...weird

·
Registered
322 Posts
Type_sh Racer said:
^ If you have a aftermarket head i don't think you have this option!
An aftermerket head? Ingrish please...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts