Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a Senior Seminar project where I chose to install new speakers in my Lude. The next part of the project requires me to give a presentation. I took pictures all throughout the installation but they were taken with a crappy digital camera that I got as a present 3 or 4 years ago, and they do not look good.

Do any of you have pictures, that you would be willing to let me use, of your installation? I know I can find some on the internet searching but due to copyright laws I am not technically allowed to use these in my project. If any of you would give me permission to use your images it would be great. I will just be putting them into PowerPoint to make a slide show while I talk about my experiences.

Any help would be great. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I am working on a Senior Seminar project where I chose to install new speakers in my Lude. The next part of the project requires me to give a presentation. I took pictures all throughout the installation but they were taken with a crappy digital camera that I got as a present 3 or 4 years ago, and they do not look good.

Do any of you have pictures, that you would be willing to let me use, of your installation? I know I can find some on the internet searching but due to copyright laws I am not technically allowed to use these in my project. If any of you would give me permission to use your images it would be great. I will just be putting them into PowerPoint to make a slide show while I talk about my experiences.

Any help would be great. Thank you guys.

not to be 1000% off topic, but so long as you credit the source (watermark it), and aren't profiting from the use of the pics...you shouldn't have any legal issues.

once people put a pic in the public domain (on flickr or a gallery) they have little to no legal control over its usage.

unless the rules of the presentation specifically prohibit it, i'd dig thru flickr or the galleries on here or honda-tech, attempt to get permission, watermark the pics with the source's screenname and location ([email protected]), and use them

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion but my school seems to have some problem with doing stuff such as this. They tell us we can use flickr but only the sections where people have designated that others can use their work. I believe this section is called the "Creative Commons" section. If someone on here says that i can use their pics then if they attempt to argue with me I have proof that they gave me permission.

If I can't get any other help I might have to do this.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i can understand that...you might just have to be proactive to get the permissions..more so than this thread...tho it's a great start.

I've got dozens of pics on my flickr (nothing that will help you in this project...sorry), and i wouldn't consider putting them in some commons area...

i also wouldn't tell someone they couldn't use my pics.

i also wouldn't care if someone used them without my permission, so long as they didn't try to pass them off as their own.

if it were commerical artwork, i can see the issue. if it's a write-up of something technical, it's not going to be viewed by the source as the same sort of intellectual property.

but, i can also understand the school's one-size-fits-none ruleset that seems to be so popular in education today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts