Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its probably been posted before but can I have some help?
I have a 92 prelude si 4ws and I am looking for speakers.
What is the mounting depth for the front and back speakers. I know they are 6.5 but the depth is what gets me.
Also, some suggestions on speakers that fit perfectly with no cutting or customizing that are in the $100 and under range.
I like the infinity reference 6010 components for the front and I liked the sony v160 for the back, but ive been told that it would not fit.

Help me out guys I wanna start putting in some audio stuff this weekend.
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
well if you do the components there will be cutting but hey most aftermarket 6.5 will work in the price range you are looking at but a good sound that i have liked would be going with the alpine type s in the front and some referance series in the back, th alpines are more vocal and the referance have a little bit easier time driving that base to you

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
bigtripp71 said:
I have two sets of Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5 components ...never had a fit problem
that was really helpful, I'm sure the thread starter cares about your 400 dollar speakers.

6.5's may or may not require cutting depending on brand, component doesnt change anything really, the depth doesnt change, just mounting the tweeter if your car doesnt have a stock space for one. I'm guessing you'll have to at least cut the basket behind the speaker.

references are my favorite sub 100 dollar speaker set.

that being said you can save like 50-100 bucks more and get something way nicer, but it's all your call, how much are you willing to put into these with amp and that stuff?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts