Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going to change my spark plugs. what kind do i get for a 92 si h23? also where do i locate them to replace? i have ferra all sport plug wires that i might change as well- should i get the ferra or another brand? one of my plug wires keeps popping up from the valve cover and i havent replaced the spark plugs for a while so i guess ill replace all of it at the same time.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Get the spark plugs it tells you to, under your hood there is a sticker that tells you exactly what ones to put in, put those in and you can buy them at schucks or other local auto parts stores.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i was going to change my spark plugs. what kind do i get for a 92 si h23? also where do i locate them to replace? i have ferra all sport plug wires that i might change as well- should i get the ferra or another brand? one of my plug wires keeps popping up from the valve cover and i havent replaced the spark plugs for a while so i guess ill replace all of it at the same time.
If you mean where are they at on the motor? they are on top of the valve cover.. just pull your spark plug wires off and there they are... just remember the order the plugs go..

IF thats not what ya meant then im sorry.. :emthup:

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
X2.. may be pricey, but its the best
I was running NGK V-power plugs(copper) when I purchased my lude. I switched to NGK Iridiums and noticed a much smoother idle and the car seemed to rev smoother. Of course, that could have been the fact they were new plugs.

I've also heard they last longer. Their is a thread on superhonda that goes alittle indepth about the various types of plugs, if you're interested.

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
I was running NGK V-power plugs(copper) when I purchased my lude. I switched to NGK Iridiums and noticed a much smoother idle and the car seemed to rev smoother. Of course, that could have been the fact they were new plugs.

I've also heard they last longer. Their is a thread on superhonda that goes alittle indepth about the various types of plugs, if you're interested.

i actually run iridiums with ngk wires..

but if you happen to have the thread in your favorites or something.. i want it.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
omg people even the h22 ludes use the cheap ass 2$ nkg plugs. All the others are a waste of money. If you think Im full of shit, go to the honda dealer and ask.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
omg people even the h22 ludes use the cheap ass 2$ nkg plugs. All the others are a waste of money. If you think Im full of shit, go to the honda dealer and ask.
The H22's come from the factory with platinum plugs. Not sure how much they'd cost, but I'm sure they're more than $2; but idk for sure.

If you want to get alittle deeper, the best conductividy of the varies metals are

Silver
Copper
Platinum
Iridium

But, that is only 1 aspect of a spark plug. Iridium is a harder metal, so when used in a spark plug, you can form a smaller electrode. Which helps the spark jump the gap easier, making it more efficient.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Just go to your nearest auto parts store and they should have it.

·
Prelude Tech Kid
606 Posts
Just get V-powers and change them often..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts