Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm not sure how big of a problem this is or if it is even a problem, I searched around and couldnt find an answer.

Problem: One of my spark plug wires sits a little high off of the valve cover even after it snaps into place. it sits high enough that you can see down the hole. It's still working but I'm wondering if it poses a threat to a future problem or how to fix it? Get new wires and put them in?

Thanks for any help

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
chances are the actually Metal Piece inside the Wire plug isnt making a connection with the top of the spark plug.

If there is no contact between the two, then your only getting spark through 3 cylinders.

just double check it and see if it makes contact, but if all else fails, then yes.. you could buy a new set.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well I'm not sure how big of a problem this is or if it is even a problem, I searched around and couldnt find an answer.

Problem: One of my spark plug wires sits a little high off of the valve cover even after it snaps into place. it sits high enough that you can see down the hole. It's still working but I'm wondering if it poses a threat to a future problem or how to fix it? Get new wires and put them in?

Thanks for any help
What kind of wires are they? If they are those cheep Xact or whatever wires,it wont sup prize me.When I first got my car and decided to do a cheep tune up I picked up a set and had them for one day. They all popped up,and when I tried to take them out all the wires separated. Now I have learned not to skimp on auto parts. I've pulled my NGK ones out god knows how many times with know problem. Get a pair of long needle nose pliers and pull the metal end of your spark plug of the plug. Then buy a new one,dont try to fix it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
OP said it's still working, so he is not missing. I would replace them if it were me, I would hate to get debris down in that hole even if it was super small particulates, and then next time you take out your plug in that cylinder have crap fall into the chamber.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I went back out to my car in pulled the wire just to check if it was clean in the hole and the wire ended up breaking, the metal piece inside of the wire came clean out and was still plugged into the top of the spark plug so I went out to Autozone and got some new wires for 40 bucks (bosch) and it fixed my problem.

Mods can delete this thread since It's fixed now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts