Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im out kinda showing off in my car, when this prelude all riced out pulls up next to me reving the hell outta his car, you know normally I dont waste the gas on these cars, but this guy thinks hes all that and a bag of tater chips! So I stage the car and launch off the line and by the time im outta first gear, I got three cars on the idiot....so I shut her down after breaking the tires loose in second...and of course I got the imfamous "fly-by".....thought id let you all know what an ls1 does!

·
Registered
187 Posts
this is getting very old...why do people with other cars just join to bash preludes? Why do they join in the first place? post these on other forums..congratulations on beating a riced out prelude...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wanna know why we join? I just read a post saying that camaros are slow....are you kidding me? Have any of you ever been in an ls1 or lt1 camaro? cuz believe me you better have a pretty damn big turbo to touch it

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
LS1CamaroZ said:
So I stage the car and launch off the line and by the time im outta first gear, I got three cars on the idiot....so I shut her down after breaking the tires loose in second...and of course I got the imfamous "fly-by".....thought id let you all know what an ls1 does!
so you raced him to maybe 60 mph and quit ?

the fly-by is from the lack of torque, it takes the 'little 4 banger' a little time to get up and go. turbos only make it worse.

you do know the prelude is a car with 1/3 your engine size, right ?

tell me... do you race deisels ?
you know, the punched and plugged big ford/dodge/chevy truck crowd ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah thats about right, no reason to push farther....what is his topend gonna catch me? Because there is not chance sorry

·
Registered
11 Posts
LS1CamaroZ said:
Yah thats about right, no reason to push farther....what is his topend gonna catch me? Because there is not chance sorry
I hate people like you! You give the Fbody drivers a bad name because you think your big and bad with your LS1. You know what, theres always somebody faster!

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
LS1CamaroZ said:
this is why i always race to a point.

at the light, we agree to race to the next light, or to past that phone box or something like that.

you see it too much with the 'on the fly' racing videos.
as soon as one car gets close or falls behind, the leader shuts down, like its over.
sometimes it is, but a lot of the times its not.

check this ...

http://www.bolt.com/417supra/video/565566?cn=STREAM_417supra_video_large_PAGE1

you and him puch it at say 40mph .. you of course shoot ahead 20/50/70 feet.
so you shut down saying you win .... but did not becasue you did not race the full track/distance/whatever.

you can see and hear the delay in the vid. once he punches it, it takes a good sec or two before the car does anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
CADster said:
this is why i always race to a point.

at the light, we agree to race to the next light, or to that phone box or something like that.

you see it too much with the 'on the fly' racing videos.
as soon as one car gets close or falls behind, the leader shuts down, like its over.
sometimes it is, but a lot of the times its not.

check this ...

http://www.bolt.com/417supra/video/565566?cn=STREAM_417supra_video_large_PAGE1

youand him puch it.. you of course shoot ahead 20/50/70 feet.
so you shut down saying you win.... but i really doubt your car is faster then this one.
What does that video have to do with anything. Its a Turbo Supra, not a Honda Prelude? And I doubt the Prelude had a turbo in it that Camaro Guy or whatever his name is raced.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
StockholmSyndrome said:
What does that video have to do with anything. Its a Turbo Supra, not a Honda Prelude? And I doubt the Prelude had a turbo in it that Camaro Guy or whatever his name is raced.

refering to the delay when you race a turbo. that vid is an extreme example.

i think the 'ricer flyby' phenomimna<sp> stemmed from this delay.

LS1CamaroZ said:
Do i really need to put bus lengths between me and him? I mean I could have...
fine.. dont waste your gas on a prelude. dont race them, dont brag about outriunning a car with less then half your engine 75 feet.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
ok

f bodys are fast majority faster than lude, better too drive pends,but these f body people suck here is a story

there is this chick in a 98 v-6 coupe,says hey i will smoke ur lude with out a v-8, i say u want 2 race . her boyfriends says hell ya, so our 1st race i win by a 1/2 a car and missed 3rd,her boyfriend comes up 2 me and says re race she held it 2nd too long, i say ok but i missed 3rd and he then says all u ricers say that when u loose, i get out of the car, and say i didnt loose ,he then sys u will this time. i say ur fbody with its euro tails is more riciy than my 89 lude, he then swears at me, i say want tooo race for 50 bucks ,he says sure i will take ur money. we race and i beat him by 2 1/2 cars. and said f...... it and didnt even turn around too get my money, and i dont car if he tells people he won cause i am not a wantabee rapper ricer american f body v-6 driver. how about that 4 ur so called non riciy f body, if a ls1 f body asked me too race, i will say no.i know what i can ussually beat and cant that is not riciey that is smart!!!! all u fellow lude drivers feel me!

ps.....
and this v-6 had exhaust,intake,gears and ties and was a 3800cc vrs what 1958cc can u say power too weight raito in favor of the lude, i knew i was going too win before the race started.its called math

·
Registered
568 Posts
LS1CamaroZ said:
You wanna know why we join? I just read a post saying that camaros are slow....are you kidding me? Have any of you ever been in an ls1 or lt1 camaro? cuz believe me you better have a pretty damn big turbo to touch it
Touchy little baby aren't you? You're so cool running 13's with 5.7 liters. Not to disrespect the non-trolling LS1 lovers on here.

Think my turbo is big enough?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
ya he is i think ,gives me more motivation too get the fiero done, i will beat this f body even if he has a 100 shot of n20 and do it with a truely different americian car. instead of the traditionall mullet head f body, these people ruin in my opinion a good performance car, they can beat 4cycl with out a turbo that hard too ,do ya right!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
i think domestic assholes join because they cant beat anyone in their own class. come to melbourne FL and ill introduce you to a chick with a camaro that would spank you like your boyfriend... or better yet, give me another 10 grand so we paid the same price for the car and well see what happens.

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
2,685 Posts
LS1CamaroZ said:
So Im out kinda showing off in my car, when this prelude all riced out pulls up next to me reving the hell outta his car, you know normally I dont waste the gas on these cars, but this guy thinks hes all that and a bag of tater chips! So I stage the car and launch off the line and by the time im outta first gear, I got three cars on the idiot....so I shut her down after breaking the tires loose in second...and of course I got the imfamous "fly-by".....thought id let you all know what an ls1 does!
I see your in Cali... Don't worry you'll run up on the wrong one...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not all of us are assholes, just the ones who dont have respect for cars. I only race if get challenged. I could care less about street racing, I know where I stand and dont have to race everything that moves. And besides Fbodys and these Preludes are in different classes.

Again, I hate it when people who drive Fbodys go on a site like this and piss everybody off. Its what gives us drivers bad names. Just like the mustang people do to the Fbody people.

·
Registered
568 Posts
StockholmSyndrome said:
Not all of us are assholes, just the ones who dont have respect for cars. I only race if get challenged. I could care less about street racing, I know where I stand and dont have to race everything that moves. And besides Fbodys and these Preludes are in different classes.

Again, I hate it when people who drive Fbodys go on a site like this and piss everybody off. Its what gives us drivers bad names. Just like the mustang people do to the Fbody people.
I might come across as a disrespectful hater sometimes, but I actually love LS1's. I agree that there are assholes that ruin the name of the whole group. I aspire to own a TT LS1 of some sort some day. I love the torque curve on those.

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
Whoever the guy in the riced Lude was, was an idiot in the first place to try and race an LS1. With that said, LS1's are made for raw power and going straight where as the Prelude isnt. So all you domestic guys on here, we're glad to have you but remember, this IS a Prelude site and you ARE outnumbered so show respect. Prelude guys and girls, just because they post about beating a Prelude, don't jump down their throught for it. If nothing else, ignore it and they'll eventually leave if they see nobody cares or they'll get pissed off and show their ass and at that point, they'll get banned so let's keep cool.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.