Honda Prelude Forum banner

Sources for RHD Parts

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Gorstak 
#1 ·
I'm starting to source parts for my RHD conversion. I want to do it as cleanly and as factory as possible. Ideally, a front clip would have just about everything I need. Or even better, a full shell.

Unfortunately for me, I'm extremely picky when it comes to parts and I want everything perfect. My biggest concern right now is finding a dashboard that's in perfect condition. I've done a hard job of finding mint or close to mint interior pieces so far, so a junk dash would be a poor choice.

I keep any eye on usual sites like eBay and PasswordJDM, but I didn't know if there were any hidden gems that I've missed over the years.

#2 ·
#5 ·
There are ways, but you're right, it's a hassle. I imported a car to Canada from the US once a couple years back. If you know exactly what needs to be done, it's not crazy, however: add it to the cost of the vehicle itself, and you are spending more than you had hoped.

This guy knows what he is talking about.

I assume you are keeping an eye on Yahoo Japan?

#6 ·
I've done the research a few times. For me, it's just not worth the trouble. I'd rather get my hands dirty and build the car exactly how I want it. I've got a clean chassis to start with. A true Japanese RHD Prelude would be amazing, but a replica is just the same to me, especially since I'll be using it on the roads regularly.

I watch it from time to time. Nothing particularly regular. I suppose I should watch it more often?

I have gotten quite a few little parts off of eBay. They seem to be more common now than they were a few years ago.

If someone in Canada had a RHD Prelude that was cheap enough that I could use as a parts car only, I'd definitely be interested in that. Especially considering the cost of a front clip.

#9 ·
I will keep my eye out up here as well, there was one hit in the back a few months ago here in Calgary, but not listed now.

#10 · (Edited)
That would be most appreciated!

PasswordJDM still shows their BB4 front clip in stock, but it doesn't look to be in the best of condition. It's also been there for a number of years and the pictures are old.

I'm going to Zerolift in a couple of weeks to see if they have any Prelude front clips without motors. If they do and they're reasonably priced and in the condition I want, I may bring one home with me.

Edit: I found a few full front clips (motor and transmission included). They're around $2500, which is more than I had expected to spend, considering I don't need the drivetrain. Good to know there are a few around, though.

#12 ·
Haha, I've actually been watching that car for years. Who knows if it's still around. Only problem I have with it is that in 1996, the Japanese Preludes weren't 4th gen. They were 5th gen.

I've sourced a full JDM front clip, motor and all. I'm making arrangements to pick it up. Hopefully I can get time away from work in the next month to go get it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.