Honda Prelude Forum banner

Soon to be H22 Go cart!!! Pics

11K views 98 replies 64 participants last post by  Bestybest 
#1 ·
well the other h22 that i have sittin around and was going to build up i decided to use for something else. my dad and i built a go cart when i was in high school and built it with a mazda miata motor. the miata motor sucked up water and threw a rod. i was going to use the h22 since its just sittin here right now. but i need shorter shafts so i dont have to change anything on the cart. if i used the stock one i would have to make new rear A-arms and get different spindles and shit. i have the computer for this motor and everything.

i actually think that putting in the h22 is a rather stupid idea, Too much power, but thats the only spare motor we have laying around the shop and my dad wants to get the go cart running before all the family comes down for christmas. even with the little ~140 hp mazda motor it would do 0-60 by the time the passanger realizes ur even accelerating. this cart is also driven by my little cousin which is why i didnt want the h22 in it because of too much power, and i wanted to build it up for my car!!!

I built this frame about a year ago. To give you an idea of how small and LIGHT this frame/chassis is.....the frame you see weighs 103 lbs!! I tig welded it out of all aluminum. And my dad wants to put a h22 and 5spd in it!!! as you see it now, it is all tore apart (obvious) so we can rebody it and redo some suspension stuff and put the h22 in it. it was a mazda motor and 5 spd. Fully weighed down with motor/trans, gas, etc. it weighs about 915 lbs!

Below is the new A-arms i was talking about.

See less See more
#81 ·
Obviously there is a bit more to that car then a basic locost, so instead of ~1250lbs it's probably ~1350lbs or so.
Thats just guessing however.

#83 ·
holy shit dude thats sick. I wasn't expecting a body on it or anything. That is alot of custom fabrication, which all takes time - any movies of it in action?

#86 ·
roflmao. this thread is awesome

#88 ·
awesome!!

#95 ·
That's bad ass yO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.