Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up. Question, my radiator fan has been going on for no reason in the middle of the night and running down my battery? Any thoughts on this. Also will the car radio turn on and not produce any sound if the battery is to low? I changed my front speakers from stock to pioneer 6 1/2's and now the radio makes no sound, but the battery is pretty low? Thanks!! Ryan

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im not exactly sure on this.....but i'll try my best to give you a lil help. The fan coming on in the middle of the night, might have something to do with your fan timer switch, this is one of the sensors on the thermostat housing extension. I believe its the blue one, but im not positive on this. Maybe you could try disconnecting this over night, and see if it doesn't come on during the night. But this is just a guess, i've never actually heard of this happening before. And for the speakers not making any sound.....this is probably an install problem. Might wanna make sure you didn't drill any screws through the wiring in the door, and also make sure the speaker terminals aren't sitting against any metal in the door. Good luck on figuring this one out.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My fan comes on after i've turned the car off too but it doesn't drain my battery. I don't know about speakers but i know that my the amp for my subs shuts down if there isn't enought voltage.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
i think the thing that controls the fans is the coolant temp sensor in the rad...not 100% tho. i have the same problem...minus the speakers...are u sure u wired them correctly? do u no the wire codes? or did u get a harness...

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Coolant temp sensor on your radiator runs the fan while you car is running and at the correct temp. The sensor that runs your fan when you ignition is off, is located on the thermostat extension housing. This sensor will run your fan for either 20 minutes or till the coolant reaches a paticular temperature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts