Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. i get a BAZZILLION PM's asking how i routed my IC piping.. and i always respond "Ill get pictures"; so here they are for EVERYONE...

If you need me to explain what it is that you are looking at, then i will, otherwise, they should all be self explanitory.

Enjoy...

BTW - these are in no sort of order... anndd Dont mind the rust, the car has been sitting for a while, ittl be taken care of soon :)

(those tools were not setup like that on purpose... seriously)

-----

Well, i hope this helps some people out when it comes to running C piping.. i wish there woulda been something like this around when i did mine :p

~ant

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea... haha.. I was DEAD when i posted.. i had just got of work. Ill explain later.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok..

THe hole from on the driverside going DOWN into the Fender well was already there..

Yes, i did need to hack alot..

-1/2 the Bumper
-th3 back of the pumper
-1/2 the bumper support
-made larger notches (where the Horns are in the Dender well
-Made a hole to bring the IC piping up (underneath where the Batt tray used to be)

Need any more specifics? im still really tired.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
in order to get any decent fmic you do have to cut a decent sized chunk out of the back of the bumper to fit the intercooler. In any case when you go turbo and install your fmic all you can ever do after that is cut as little as possible and be extra watchful for @$$bags that have no respect for the road and could destroy your investment with on-road antics

·
Registered
435 Posts
hey Rude...those pics are awesome!! just what i was looking for...

i was trying to figure out if there was enough room to turn the charge pipes right around the edges of the radiator (without going into the fenders)... it might be possible.

looks like a nice install...i am just afraid of ruining my bumper...

Russ

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You have a 88-89.. then you wont have to hack your bumper to shit... if at all

I have a 88-89 as well.. ill snap pics to help you see where you would want to mount your ic

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Lude4ever said:
hey Rude...those pics are awesome!! just what i was looking for...

i was trying to figure out if there was enough room to turn the charge pipes right around the edges of the radiator (without going into the fenders)... it might be possible.

looks like a nice install...i am just afraid of ruining my bumper...

Russ
u think thats possible i wanna do the same except im gonna try to use a 30x8 FMIC i would like to go right around the rad myself...

·
www.Zohf.com
3,612 Posts
awesome write up, the pics are great. it would be very helpful if i ONLY HAD A TURBO!! :D :D , jk, its gotta be a killer help to those running non-intercooled motors looking for some extra HP by running a front mount, very detailed write up, nice work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.