Honda Prelude Forum banner

Some very cool pictures of my summer build

26K views 137 replies 59 participants last post by  DAV4WS 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
JONATHAN's MEMORIAL.

THIS IS PRELUDEPOWER'S TRIBUTE FOR YOU BUDDY. THE SKY HAS ANOTHER STAR TO LOOK AT.

The 3 genners and the rest of the community will not forget you bro!

This is my h22 manifold, and also how you can bolt one to a b20a5 head.

This picture is after 8000 very hard miles with around 16psi. You can see the side load wear on the cylinders, but i guess its not really that bad because its very light at this stage. My first block only lasted 6 months and this is my 4th. Tight pistons are the key to building a long lasting b20. I expect this block to last around 50,000 miles

The picture of the head above has b18a ARP head studs. The stud kit comes with one washer, I just added an extra because the b18a stud are a tad longer than the b20a's. Also the center studs had to be cut down because they touched the cams. I only used the factory washer on the two center studs.

Can you see how beefy those splines are! This is a factory traction lock system, also note how I had to grind down the b20a5 block for the intermidate shaft, I wonder if there is a better clearance there on the jdmb20a block?

#106 ·
You know when tony says that shit has officially hit the fan!
haha
On a serious note. This guy looks like he can give you a run for your money tony.

I'd like to see it happen.

My questions for you Turbonetics1

1. What Valves and springs are you using?
2. Rods and pistons?
3. Now you say you got he manifold from a typical kinda flimsy ebay shop? REALLY? Gimmie the name please!
4. Whats with the bump on the hood? For the wastegate or the cam cover?
5. What head work?
6. Finally whats the specs on yer Tb and IM?

#6 · (Edited)
dude you stole my paint jk but for real what is that color called cus it looks just like mine well the paint does other then that your car kicks my cars ass lol my color is sunburst orange met.

#9 ·
cadster, is that your copper lude?? haha jk. awesome build though, hope this one lasts you 50k like you said.

#39 ·
cadster, is that your copper lude?? haha jk.
no but he used mine as a reference.
we need to get mine and his together.
what a kicken photo shoot that would be.

what turbo mani is that ?

#13 ·
Awesome setup! I see the A/C is retained in your setup also. Does it still work well without the extra a/c fan?

#15 ·
lookin good man. how she runnin?

#23 · (Edited)
The color is somthing a painter and I mixed at the dealership around 3am. He could have got fired for having the car in their in the first place as they only allow new cars. No used cars in the down draft both! as for the color it started as a 96 acura cl orange pearl but was changed around a bit. I just ordered another 12inch fan and drier for a cooler A/c but otherwise is blows cold and it better as I replaced around 12 orings in the entire system. A/c is a must down here in south carolina as its hot and rains dam near every day. As for this block, it was milled very little along with the head for perfect trueness. I use studs for the best head seal as possible (as I have played the blowin head gasket game). I did have my whole turbo wraped and it made for problems as these are the first: It will keep your turbo hot longer so when you cut your engine off the turbo will be baking oil, It makes for some mean heat cycles and was the reason I cracked one turbo houseing and down pipe in the past. It just makes for more turbo rebuilds that are very expensive and time consuming, but It does work wonders for keeping the heat down and adds to a quicker spool because of heat retension in the exhaust side of the turbo. I have found its best to just wrap the down pipe and mabe make a band to go around the turbo to block the heat. That valve cover has never leaked any oil, and for the first time ever my block is dry! When I drop the cover on the head it stands about 3/16 high from the rubber gasket. When I tighten it it completely clamps down for a nice seal, never has leaked even though this has been said to me before. Who was the person that tryed the crv valve cover that didint seal? That valve cover isint from a crv, its from a 98 acura integra, do they have the same head? I dont know anything about that motor and mabe its different, so mabe thats why the crv cover leaks and mine doesint.

#25 ·
The color is somthing a painter and I mixed at the dealership around 3am. He could have got fired for having the car in their in the first place as they only allow new cars. Not an old honda in the down draft both, as for the color it started as a 96 acura cl orange pearl but was changed around a bit. I just ordered another 12inch fan and drier for a cooler A/c but otherwise is blows cold and it better as I replaced around 12 orings in the entire system. A/c is a must down here in south carolina as its hot and rains dam near every day. As for this block, it was milled very little along with the head for perfect trueness. I use studs for the best head seal as possible (as I have played the blowin head gasket game).
What part of SC? I want a ride.

#27 · (Edited)
T3/T4 The turbo size is one under the 60-1, I could have had it bore to a 60-1 on my last rebuild but bigger only means my boost range will change. I like a spool starting around 2500rpm. I am running good now breaking factory axles and burning stage 3 puck clutches. Im through with adding power. Hey moto, do you see the exhaust valve on the farthest right side? its a little lower in its seat causing the rocker arm to be at its max adjustment, should be allright yeah? There is no differance in compresion in any of the cylinders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.