Honda Prelude Forum banner
21 - 40 of 138 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
The color is somthing a painter and I mixed at the dealership around 3am. He could have got fired for having the car in their in the first place as they only allow new cars. No used cars in the down draft both! as for the color it started as a 96 acura cl orange pearl but was changed around a bit. I just ordered another 12inch fan and drier for a cooler A/c but otherwise is blows cold and it better as I replaced around 12 orings in the entire system. A/c is a must down here in south carolina as its hot and rains dam near every day. As for this block, it was milled very little along with the head for perfect trueness. I use studs for the best head seal as possible (as I have played the blowin head gasket game). I did have my whole turbo wraped and it made for problems as these are the first: It will keep your turbo hot longer so when you cut your engine off the turbo will be baking oil, It makes for some mean heat cycles and was the reason I cracked one turbo houseing and down pipe in the past. It just makes for more turbo rebuilds that are very expensive and time consuming, but It does work wonders for keeping the heat down and adds to a quicker spool because of heat retension in the exhaust side of the turbo. I have found its best to just wrap the down pipe and mabe make a band to go around the turbo to block the heat. That valve cover has never leaked any oil, and for the first time ever my block is dry! When I drop the cover on the head it stands about 3/16 high from the rubber gasket. When I tighten it it completely clamps down for a nice seal, never has leaked even though this has been said to me before. Who was the person that tryed the crv valve cover that didint seal? That valve cover isint from a crv, its from a 98 acura integra, do they have the same head? I dont know anything about that motor and mabe its different, so mabe thats why the crv cover leaks and mine doesint.

The color is somthing a painter and I mixed at the dealership around 3am. He could have got fired for having the car in their in the first place as they only allow new cars. Not an old honda in the down draft both, as for the color it started as a 96 acura cl orange pearl but was changed around a bit. I just ordered another 12inch fan and drier for a cooler A/c but otherwise is blows cold and it better as I replaced around 12 orings in the entire system. A/c is a must down here in south carolina as its hot and rains dam near every day. As for this block, it was milled very little along with the head for perfect trueness. I use studs for the best head seal as possible (as I have played the blowin head gasket game).
What part of SC? I want a ride.

Discussion starter · #27 · (Edited)
T3/T4 The turbo size is one under the 60-1, I could have had it bore to a 60-1 on my last rebuild but bigger only means my boost range will change. I like a spool starting around 2500rpm. I am running good now breaking factory axles and burning stage 3 puck clutches. Im through with adding power. Hey moto, do you see the exhaust valve on the farthest right side? its a little lower in its seat causing the rocker arm to be at its max adjustment, should be allright yeah? There is no differance in compresion in any of the cylinders.

This is my h22 manifold, and also how you can bolt one to a b20a5 head.

thats the exact reason why you SHOULDNT use an h22 manifold on a 3g lude. do people seriously not see how incredibly far off the ports are to each other?
7 thumbs down to that one aspect

definitely give you props for every other aspect of the car and setup though, looks great

Discussion starter · #31 · (Edited)
Man, I have gone through blocks, turbo's, and all kinds off other stuff through the years. But only one manifold! that says alot, and those exhaust ports were perfect other than the two centers which are a little closer togather. This should be the least of your worries when using this manifold! It took me a whole 30 seconds to mill a little off the exhaust manifold with a rotory tool to match the head's center ports. The exhaust studs were my worries more than the tiny bit off 2 ports were. If you cant do that simple little bit of work than just stay away from turbocharging period. On the good side I have never had any problem with that manifold and it has allow me to run A/C, power steering, and puts te turbo in a sweet spot that cant be beat! The exhaust could not be better eather, its 3inch! And the compressor is high enough so that you can run a huge compressor with out moding the front mount! There is just so many good thaings here and very few bad about this manifold. Every other honda head has wayyyyyy different exhaust ports and stud lay out. You really dont and have not ever like that exhaust manifold while tons of other members always pm me with questions about it. Never argue with what works,esp when it works this well.

wow... lips reminds me of someone's car..lol...

btw's good job on da car.. it looks great...

???? what kind of valve cover is dat????

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Valve cover came off a 98 jdm 1.8 integra motor, I just wanted to be different so I used it insted of my polished b20a cover. Some people tell me they don't like it as much and it does not have the hood clearance that the b20 cover has. I think it looks good though and nobody on this site has disliked it so I'm keeping it on the engine.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Wow, I just got my first 5 star post/write-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just to let everybody know I am working on a way to upgrade our brakes using 11inch rotors/calipers that can be found for cheap in just about any junk yard. It's in progress now and I'll do the write-up next week with some new 11inch cross drilled gold cadium coated rotors along with freshly painted big ass calipers. It should look really good when done.

Wow, I just got my first 5 star post/write-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just to let everybody know I am working on a way to upgrade our brakes using 11inch rotors/calipers that can be found for cheap in just about any junk yard. It's in progress now and I'll do the write-up next week with some new 11inch cross drilled gold cadium coated rotors along with freshly painted big ass calipers. It should look really good when done.
We'll def be looking forward to it.

cadster, is that your copper lude?? haha jk.
no but he used mine as a reference.
we need to get mine and his together.
what a kicken photo shoot that would be.

what turbo mani is that ?

21 - 40 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.