Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Screw the media section for my photos, no one else gives a damn bout the second gens anyways. I had an old thread with a few updates, just in case some of you guys missed it. Or you new cats want to see some more photos of 2gs! I can't get enough myself. :-D

http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239387

Well, lately my Prelude has been running rough. It wasn't too noticeable I guess, it kinda happened gradually. I realized how badly it was after tuning some other cars. My spark plugs have been stuck for awhile and I couldn't get them out since I got the car 4 years ago. Today I had the guts to force them out even if they were stripped. Came out hard, but not stripped. Got her some new plugs and wires, and now she runs so great I can't believe it! She's never ran better.

Old dirty plugs. . .

What a mess! It's no wonder that it was impossible to take them out.

I took these photos a couple of weeks ago. Was a good day. Lotta photos I know. . .:dozingoff:

I also got some photos with another fellow Preluder, jyluder. Here's the thread.
http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1238685#post1238685

·
Registered
233 Posts
thats a very clean lude! we arnt alowed to wash cars anymore so myn is staying dirty...
pitty it dont have one of those small rear wings... i hate the look of the foam but if u can go over then with fiber-glass and sand it ultra smooth, then it would look pretty good i recon... especially if it was nice n shinny like the rest of ur car!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
defantly the pic of the back of the lude was the best

·
Registered
841 Posts
Damn man, your Lude is so much cleaner than mine!
Mine's just barely starting to get rust after 23 years, and I dont know how to stop it!!!!:wzbigcry:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice didn't realize your car was so clean!! Nice to see one without the rust holes in!!!
Ahhahaha, it's so crazy you say this. I remember looking at your 2g 4 years ago on another site with my jaw open in amazement. It's quite an honor to receive a compliment from you. :smilejap:

I like, looks good. Needs a bit of a drop though! :)
No doubt. It looks like a 4x4 at times. I'll lower it one day, despite the criticism that it's low already. I just hate the gap!

I have a friend of mine who's into low riders and stuff, his caddy is lowered as well. He told me that my car is still lower than his. haha

Thanks for the comments. She's not as perfect as it seems, but I still love her! Today for the first time, I had some guy at a stop light ask if I wanted to sell it. :laugh: I guess she's not that bad, eh? :)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Ludes

unfotunately 4 years has taken a lot out of the old girl not as good as she use to be not to bad on teh outside paintwork the door getting smashed into didn't help still haven't had it painted properly but poor thing is rusting from the inside out don't know how long i can keep her going which would be a shame only DL i no off that still exists!! Extra light weight much much better!!

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's horrible news, judgey! ='(

Trav, I clean the engine bay regularly. I was able to clean it more when I replaced the carburetors. But underneath that shiny exterior lies an oily grimy mess. It's disgusting, I really have to change those gaskets.

I just don't look forward to taking off those carburetors any time soon. =P

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
spray it with diesel it the best cleaner then rinse it off . of course dont do this while its hottt:funny:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.