Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up guys im thinkin about lowerin my 91 lude but i dont know wat hight to drop by. i got a sick price on neuspeed and B&G springs. the neuspeeds are a 2inch drop and the B&G springs are a 1.6 inch drop i want to go with the 2inch drop but i think that may be too low. if anyone can help me with that one maybe....some pics that would be great. i also need to know about tha 94 integra cai what do i need to do to that before i can put it in caz i can get one for like $95CND. thinkin about doin that one also
thanks guys and girls

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have a friedn with a 91 he dropped it 2 inches and it was rubbing like crazy (he had 17's as well) he lifted it a half inch and loved it and it looks sick. id recomend the 1.6 but thats just me

·
Administrator
17,736 Posts
jerry73 said:
i have a friedn with a 91 he dropped it 2 inches and it was rubbing like crazy (he had 17's as well) he lifted it a half inch and loved it and it looks sick. id recomend the 1.6 but thats just me
Your friend must have been lower than 2 inches, or had huge tires.

I have been dropped on race springs (2.25 front; 2 rear) and I have 17's and have never rubbed, same with many other members here.

2" is a perfect drop, I highly recommend it if it is done with quality suspension, like neuspeed/h&r and tokico struts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2" is a perfect drop, I highly recommend it if it is done with quality suspension, like neuspeed/h&r and tokico struts.
thanks man that helps alot im goin to get the 2inch drop i think its 2.25 in the front also gettin them for $200 so i cant go wrong and there brand new.
p.s i lov the jdm lude

·
Registered
288 Posts
91PreludeJG said:
Wouldnt you be more likely to blow a strut with race springs and tokicos:dontgetit: ??? From what I've read here, the blues arent short enough for a 2" drop, which would make the shock/strut more likely to blow. I have h&r race springs that i havent put on yet for that reason...
Wow... well I've never heard of anyone from our site blowing a strut from the H&R race drop. I've had H&R race springs and Tokico shocks on my car for about a year now. And with very hard driving at times... even tackled pot holes that blew a tire, the shocks have stood the test of abuse. Tokico knew what they were doing with the Blue's and the White's. I wish they still made the whites for our 3rd gens.

But in reply to your post. The blues take to the race drop of 2.25F and 2.0 rear like a fish in water. Check out my garage. Thats what I'm equipped with and many others on our site. I wouldnt trade this drop for anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts