Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have been searching the web like crazy and i came across these for our ludes,
Intrax Coil Springs

INTRAX LOWERING SPRING KIT -- Front And Rear 1.7 Drop, These Springs Are Cold Wound To The Most Exacting Standards, Stress Relieved And Shot Peened To Remove Surface Imperfections Extending Service Life Up To 200% Or More, Springs Are Also Phosphate Coated For Corrosion Resistance And Powder Coated To Ensure A Lifetime Of Outstanding Looks, With Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty

So i was wondering with everyones experience did i just find some really kick ass coils? lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok i have been searching the web like crazy and i came across these for our ludes,
Intrax Coil Springs

INTRAX LOWERING SPRING KIT -- Front And Rear 1.7 Drop, These Springs Are Cold Wound To The Most Exacting Standards, Stress Relieved And Shot Peened To Remove Surface Imperfections Extending Service Life Up To 200% Or More, Springs Are Also Phosphate Coated For Corrosion Resistance And Powder Coated To Ensure A Lifetime Of Outstanding Looks, With Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty

So i was wondering with everyones experience did i just find some really kick ass coils? lol
thought you meant coilovers at first lol. how much are they?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are for $319.00 i dont know it seems like a great price to me!

thought you meant coilovers at first lol. how much are they?

Also really that is bomb! So how much did you get them for and here did you find yours bro?

Those are the same ones I have on mine. I have no complaints about them yet. I've had them for a year.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
well ive been trying to get a set of those for months now. i cant seem to find any. every site says they have them but when you order them they email you and tell you they cant get them. there are also B&G springs, at $200 and change, SPAX make a set out of europe..waiting on pricing, HOTBITS makes a set of springs as well as a full coilover setup..waiting on pricing for the springs....the coilovers are about 1800, jamex from europe made a set but cant find any, the list goes on and on. if anybody finds any springs in stock intrax or otherwise PLEASE post it up with a link or number where i can get ahold of them. i will do the same

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well ive been trying to get a set of those for months now. i cant seem to find any. every site says they have them but when you order them they email you and tell you they cant get them. there are also B&G springs, at $200 and change, SPAX make a set out of europe..waiting on pricing, HOTBITS makes a set of springs as well as a full coilover setup..waiting on pricing for the springs....the coilovers are about 1800, jamex from europe made a set but cant find any, the list goes on and on. if anybody finds any springs in stock intrax or otherwise PLEASE post it up with a link or number where i can get ahold of them. i will do the same
Here you go bro, I check to see if they were in stock and if they had them! he said yes we do, he even checked for me, so here is the link for them! http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=10610+4294965695+1631+11920+9408

I just hope you dont take the last one! lol

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
haha dude we've known about these.

For those with the springs, do you have normal shocks? I was thinkin that maybe our shocks wouldn't be able to handle it.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I myself would just get new performance ones to slap on cause you dont want to mix new and old! lol And i figured you guys did know about them, thats y i said can you guys tell me more! lol!

Im new to the whole 2nd gen thing so this whole car is a treasure hunt till the day you get to the X(happy place of your ride)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
springs

Here you go bro, I check to see if they were in stock and if they had them! he said yes we do, he even checked for me, so here is the link for them! http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=10610+4294965695+1631+11920+9408

I just hope you dont take the last one! lol
well i have emailed them to double check your findidngs and have asked them to find out how many sets they have instock. i will report my findings once they get back to me. thanks for the post

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts
Hey Gents,

I found these on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LOVELLS-LOWERED-SPRINGS-FOR-HONDA-PRELUDE-CIVIC-ACCORD_W0QQitemZ380097648318QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item380097648318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Not sure what they have for our cars but I'm checking it out as we speak... Also, there's a brand called King Springs.. not sure if you get them in the states but they also do lowering springs for our cars.. will get a price on that too...

Z
Here's an update.. I just spoke to a supplier who says he can get lovells (see the link above) and also King Springs for about AUD$330 not sure abotu shipping OS. This should be a blessing for the US boys given our dollar is so shit ATM... If anyone's interested I can find out about shipping... If lots of ppl are interested i could probably organise a group buy..

EDIT: The ebay link above also supports our cars for the price quoted.. You'll have to contact them directly for shipping. They do a "sport low" and a standard height.

Hope this helps

Zaahir

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
haha dude we've known about these.

For those with the springs, do you have normal shocks? I was thinkin that maybe our shocks wouldn't be able to handle it.
I have regular Monroes Sensatracs (which will be swapped for KYB AGXs in the future) no problem. You really don't have to worry too much unless you drop three inches or more. then you need shorter struts. I blew out the front struts on my accord one week after I put them on. It has three inch drop springs with standard monroe struts.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
springs

I have regular Monroes Sensatracs (which will be swapped for KYB AGXs in the future) no problem. You really don't have to worry too much unless you drop three inches or more. then you need shorter struts. I blew out the front struts on my accord one week after I put them on. It has three inch drop springs with standard monroe struts.
what AGX's are you using?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
hmmm cool, i'll get some nice suspension in eventually but right now i just wanna lower it.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
well i havnt heard back about the intrax springs but i have been in contact with a canadian distributer for SPAX springs from the UK. they say they can get them for about 250. im just waiting on confirmation. ill let you guys know how it goes. if its a go ill pass along the info for contacts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
ya i figured that much. i should have been more specific...for what car? or do you have an old set for the lude?
my bad... yep for the lude. gotta go with somthin else for the accord.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts