Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hay everybody, I had to replace a torque converter due to a faulty starter ring gear and did not notice I bumped the (A/T CLUTCH PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID A/B) and now it is leaking, I have a few used auto parts/jy in my area but they don't have any preludes( just my luck) so my question to you is are the( A/T CLUTCH PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID) compatible with another Honda model such as a acura or accord/odyssey, as many of you know the price for one is through the roof
at the stealership and local parts stores:wzbigcry:; any help is greatly
appreciated, and quite frankly this forum has solved issues for me in the past, hoping you guys can come through again.

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
03-05 Pilot
98-07 Accord
98-05 Odyssey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/28250P6H024-Genuine-Control-Solenoid-Odyssey/dp/B006BMO5RK[/ame]

this the part im speaking of, I had to edit my post because I looked in a helms manual and it is called A/T CLUTCH PRESSURE CONTROL A/B, not a dual linear solenoid as I posted, many have called it that, helms disagrees, would those years still correspond with this part wing8806, thank you in advance

·
Administrator
6,802 Posts
28250-P6H-024 is the correct part number to what you were originally asking for - which shows up in Honda's catalog as a linear solenoid.

That is the same number I just looked up in the catalog. So it all matches just the same. FYI - any parts department at a "stealership" should be more than willing to give out this information in order to help you. It shows good customer service, and builds trust that would more than likely result in a sale at some point. You won't be able to use junkyard parts for everything, and many parts are recommended to be OEM due to being more reliable that aftermarket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
28250-P6H-024 is the correct part number to what you were originally asking for - which shows up in Honda's catalog as a linear solenoid.

That is the same number I just looked up in the catalog. So it all matches just the same. FYI - any parts department at a "stealership" should be more than willing to give out this information in order to help you. It shows good customer service, and builds trust that would more than likely result in a sale at some point. You won't be able to use junkyard parts for everything, and many parts are recommended to be OEM due to being more reliable that aftermarket.
thank you so much wing8806

1 - 5 of 5 Posts