Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just got my first Lude today!
I'm going to use the engine (B20A5, pfi, auto trans) in a custon creation and i need to seperate the wiring for engine managment so the powertrain will be stand alone. Any Help?! :eh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm building a custom offroad creation w/ the engine rotated 90 degrees and samuri axles at both ends on coilovers.
I need to get rid of the body wiring and end up with only the engine managment wiring because this is all thats needed to run the vehicle.
The engine/trans will be located in the approximate middle of the wheelbase, cam drive end to the rear, and driver in front of the trans at the front of the chassis for the ability to see the terrain. The original PS pump will power full hydraulic steering on front. A full tube chassis will support the engine, locate the axles, and protect the driver.
The B20 PCI provides good power, compact auto package, and the ability to run upside down if required.
Any help with wiring diagrams or wiring mods to remove emission components will help!

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
except the wires at the guage cluster. the ecu gets speed and rpm signals from the guage cluster.

good luck on your project bro, sounds umm interesting...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
There's an offroad buggy thing I saw on Spike TV once that was powered by a 2 litre honda engine. Not sure which one, exactly, but it was DOHC, but had a newer-style valve cover, so it couldn't have been a B20a. Maybe the B20 out of a CRV or something. It was a few years ago, when the first k-series motors were hitting the road, but some cars still had B-series.

I wanna see pics of the frame and suspension and stuff. Sounds like a neat project. You should put prelude badges on it :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts