Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going from reverse to forward... .. Its done it ever since I bought the car 4 years ago as an automatic...

unfortunately it only happens while driving really so its hard to get out and examine...

I'm guessing motor mounts.... but I'm not sure how to check them...

advise?

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
it could be the syncos...to check the motor mounts just basicly have the car running and hit the throttle on the intake and see how badly it moves...i dont think its the motor mounts but i dont know...

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car is a 5spd now... it did it when it was an auto as well... so I'm pretty sure its not the tranny synchros....

and my car shakes at idle A LOT more then it used to... i can see the steering wheel vibrating...

For motor mounts... how much should my motor move when hitting the gas?

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Probably a bad rear motor mount. The rear motor mount is located on the same cross member as the steering rack. It's pretty hard to get to especially if you still have the stock air filter box. ( also on the same cross member). You can best get to it from under the car.

My car has all new mounts...when sitting still, in neutural, I can blip the throttle and the engine doesn't move much at all.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was afraid of that... .I thought it was the rear mount too.... time to take it out and fill it with urethane....

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
when i redid my radiator and all that i replaced my front mount.... look at it, if there is any tears (really common) i would replace it... its cheap and easy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts